M.M led reflectors

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
Hey fellas I was just looking at my mini mags and I see the "chrome" colour on the reflector is letting alot of blue light threw. I think this may be why there is a purplish/blue tint to the light. Is anybody making aluminum reflectors for these new mini mags yet? I think a aluminum smooth or light orange peel reflector would be great addition to this light while cleaning up the beam (it is not bad) and the tint to the light any ideas thanks :)

Torch_Dork1

Newly Enlightened
Those are great ideas, I hope Mag instrumens is listening. Especially about the orange peel. I just picked up one of these 2 AAcell minis the other day with a gift cert and am very pleased with the performance. Now what do I do with all my incandescent minis? After using the LED mini mag I wont go back.

Tesla

Enlightened
Sounds like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist in my experience with the LED Mini Mags..The ones I've bought have had no discernible blue/purple tint. Sorry your experience hasn't been as good.

zeeexsixare

Newly Enlightened
Take the head off and shine a light down the front end of the reflector. Then look through the back end of the reflector. The plastic (which is silvered on the inside) is a translucent blue.

Vickers

Enlightened
Torch_Dork1 said:
Now what do I do with all my incandescent minis?
Get LED drop-ins for them. WalMart has the NiteIze 3 LED one for under 5 bucks....you won't believe how long the runtime is.

Here is the FR review:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/niteize_mag3led.htm

Of course there are other drop-ins that are put out more light, but this is the one that set me on the path of LEDs, and is well worth 5 bucks.

Torch_Dork1

Newly Enlightened
Torch_Dork1 said:
Those are great ideas, I hope Mag instrumens is listening. Especially about the orange peel. I just picked up one of these 2 AAcell minis the other day with a gift cert and am very pleased with the performance. Now what do I do with all my incandescent minis? After using the LED mini mag I wont go back.

LED_Thrift said:
? ! ? ? Did you use the words Mag Instruments and listening in the same sentence? ! !

Why yes, as a matter of fact I did or rather meant to. Seems I misspelled Instruments, but yes i had hoped they were listening. :)

Last edited:

Torch_Dork1

Newly Enlightened
Vickers said:
Get LED drop-ins for them. WalMart has the NiteIze 3 LED one for under 5 bucks....you won't believe how long the runtime is.

Here is the FR review:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/niteize_mag3led.htm

Of course there are other drop-ins that are put out more light, but this is the one that set me on the path of LEDs, and is well worth 5 bucks.

Thanks for the info. I'm off to walmart to get one and check it out and update my glovebox torch in the Bronco.