Belt holder for SF M6

Akubra

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a low profile belt holder that would fit my SF M6 properly, since the available pouches werent to my liking at all. It seemed though, as if there werent any belt holders available. I have tried out the Mag D-Cell belt ring holder, and it works. Yet, its not great.

Recently fellow CPF member OZDELTA posted a link for a nice Mag D-Cell loop holder, that is available at an Australian online shop.

http://store.legear.com/madnybelo.html

I went ahead and ordered one, hoping it would fit the M6. Well, it arrived today, and it was a tight fit-as I had expected. Since it almost fit though, I decided to mod it a bit.
I placed it in hot water and let it soak for a while. I then put a glass bottle (with a slightly larger diameter, than the M6) in it, and allowed it to dry.

Well, what can I say? It worked like a charm, and the M6 now fits it really nice and slips in and out just fine. :grin2:

Ok, it aint brain surgery, yet I thought it may be interesting for some of you, that may be looking for a nice belt lop holder for the M6 (or similar sized lights).

The holder is quite nice and looks to be well done. Its priced rather reasonable too (AUS $ 7.95). Thanks to OZDELTA CPF`ers will also get a shipping discount (international airmail shipping is AUS $12).

See this thread for the discount code/details :

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=145663&page=2&pp=30

Ok, and now some photos :

43954331dn8.jpg

86102209zk1.jpg

33501040jv9.jpg

49445131am7.jpg

trailblazer

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking for an inexpensive holder as well. The Maglight D cell belt loop holder works and a Klien Tools # 5713 looks very similar to the one you purchased. I have one on order but haven't recieved it yet. I think any of these are going to work well for occasional use.
Nice Find!
Tom

arnold ziffle

Newly Enlightened
i did the same thing with an aker d size holder in leather. it has worked well on my duty belt for some time. i never thought you could do it on nylon. i now have a quest to find one to use for camping. thanks.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
arnold ziffle said:
i did the same thing with an aker d size holder in leather. it has worked well on my duty belt for some time. i never thought you could do it on nylon. i now have a quest to find one to use for camping. thanks.

Try www.stallionleather.com they have something similar in ballistic nylon. I was thinking about trying it for my Tigerlight.

Akubra

Newly Enlightened
Looks like theres been more options than I had thought! Embarrassing that I only learn about them, now... . :whistle: :grin2:

Akubra

Newly Enlightened
Sixpointone said:
Hi Akubra,

I am pretty certain that you likely already saw this thread... https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/150555&highlight=john+willis

That being said, I wanted to error on the side of caution just to be certain that you did get to look it over.

Hope that helps,
John

Yeah, Ive seen these type of holsters, and they are probably nice. Its just that I prefer something more low profile with a less "intimidating" look... . ;) Thanks for the heads up, though. :)

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The blackhawks were clearing for $10 from their site but apparently no longer available. John Willis holsters look great too... quite a few options for the M6!

Akubra, thanks for the tips on the holster. For a nice open holster, its a great solution!!

CLHC

Flashaholic
Another holster for my SF.M6 that I can consider besides the BH w/QD. Thanks for sharing!