USA or somewehere else?

Nisei

Newly Enlightened
When I joined I had no idea where these forums were based but it soon appeared to me that they are American (not so difficult to find out ;)). I was wondering how many members are indeed from the US and how many are located elsewhere. Are there any statistics?

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know about the stats, but I see people here from every continent except Africa and Antartica.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
us-california.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Ken_McE said:
Don't know about the stats, but I see people here from every continent except Africa and Antartica.
We've got a few members that post from Africa here & there...

paulr

Flashaholic
Flashlight discussion propagates at the speed of .... yes, same thing. We are everywhere.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fluffster said:
I'm from (and in) Iceland, btw. Pretty far from Antartica indeed!
My recollection is that Iceland is a continent in the making, so it's good that you've already got it covered. Are they working on going to a Hydrogen/Geothermal economy there?

greenLED

Flashaholic
Ken_McE said:
... I see people here from every continent except Africa and Antartica.
I've actually shipped goodies to a flashaholic in Antartica, and there are a couple of people from South Africa. :)

It's nice to have an international community here.

Fluffster

Newly Enlightened
Ken_McE said:
My recollection is that Iceland is a continent in the making, so it's good that you've already got it covered. Are they working on going to a Hydrogen/Geothermal economy there?
Almost all house heating is geothermal and cheap, but hydrogen's energy density is the same problem here as elsewhere. Our municipal public transport apparatus just retired all its hydrogen buses this January, as the're very expensive to run. It was a bit unusual riding in those, as the power curve seems to be very different from normal diesel-powered engines.
We will have the energy to spare to play around a bit with hydrogen, though, if our myopic politicians switch their focus from gigantic aluminium smelters in time.:mad: