got the new 2007 T3 and T4 from inova

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just got them today and must say that the t3 is really brighter than the older version so is the t4 is weird thought that the t3 seems to be brighter than the t4 but i think thats cause the color of the light seems different, has anybody come across this yet?

Danintex

Enlightened
Don't think you can get into the Inovas to install your own emitter either. They're about a hair's width from being on the front lines. Oh well.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Danintex said:
Don't think you can get into the Inovas to install your own emitter either. They're about a hair's width from being on the front lines. Oh well.

Look here for how to open:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/97753

We're still waiting for someone to post some rebuild result though, I'd like to SSC my T3. I think I can just press it back together, and I have access to an arbor press, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Chawarito

Newly Enlightened
276 said:
i just got them today and must say that the t3 is really brighter than the older version so is the t4 is weird thought that the t3 seems to be brighter than the t4 but i think thats cause the color of the light seems different, has anybody come across this yet?

The funny thing is that even in the older versions, the amount of light coming out of the T3 and XO3s is a little more than the T4. Also the warmer light coming out of the T3 will actually shine a little farther because white light tends to breaks up less quickly than a light that has a very slight tint of blue like the T4 did. As for the new ones, the new T3 runs off of 9v and the T4 4.2-3.7v so maybe the voltage difference causes T3 to produce more light. As far as what i hear both of them use the new K2 LEDs.

ginaz

Enlightened
it'd be great to know the drive current of the inova models. i think i heard 825ma for the new T3?