Best rechargable batts for my new L1D?

Delta

Enlightened
Hey, I lurk around here a bit and had to ask the masters a question: I have an L1D headed to me in the mail. What is the best reccomended NiMH cell to use in terms of power/brightness? Wan't to pick up a set before it arrives.

Thanks!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walmart has the new Rayovac "hybrid"...similar to the Envollops (spelling breakdown) in that they hold therir charge longer when not in use. I`ve had no problems with mine so far...about $9.00...and since thier new on the market you won`t be getting old stock.

Ken

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the Rayovac hybrids.

I have been using them in my digital cameras as well. They don't have quite the capacity of a NiMH but the fact that they hold a charge much longer more than makes up for it.

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
One more thing - if you need to buy a charger, it would be best to invest in one that charges the cells individually. The chargers that you find typically in stores charge them in pairs.

Delta

Enlightened
How about all the different power levels they seem to offer? Go for the highest number?

Edro

Newly Enlightened
Delta said:
How about all the different power levels they seem to offer? Go for the highest number?
If you are planning on regularly using the light (i.e. everyday) then go for 2 sets of a high power level batts (2500+), as you will get great capacity and can exchange them with a freshly charged pair every week or sooner without down time. Otherwise, if you plan on using it infrequently then I'd agree with Bomo and Badbeams and go with a hybrid like the Sanyo Eneloop. These type can hold a charge for a long time and be recharged.
Another hybrid is the Titanium Power Enduro.
Have fun.

greenstuffs

Banned
Bomo said:
One more thing - if you need to buy a charger, it would be best to invest in one that charges the cells individually. The chargers that you find typically in stores charge them in pairs.

Can u please or anyone explain why is it better to have a single charger? Isn't it much better to have a universal charger for most of the batteries you have?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think whats meant is to buy a charger that has a switch to allow you to charge just one batt at a time. I have many lights that run on one AAA or AA cell. The discharge level of any one batt is differant from others...so being able to charge one at a time is desirable.

Ken