Powering your flashlight with Candles?

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
See the video here..

I don't have the necessary stuff on hand or else I'd try it out.. :) Looks almost unbelievable...

blahblahblah

Enlightened
WTF!

Can someone explain what I just saw?

If someone tries this, can you test to see the volts/amps coming from the leads?

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
You did not ever see the underside of the candles or behind the candles after the cut... Just put a piece of foil inside the candle and set on table and run foil/conductor down behind the table.

Just a magic trick.

-Bill

Empath

Flashaholic
As demonstrated, cathode and anode is selected magically to fit the need. Magic has always been so undependable.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Empath said:
As demonstrated, cathode and anode is selected magically to fit the need. Magic has always been so undependable.

Polarity is set by which candle is lit first... If you light both at the same time you get AC.

-Bill

Illum

Flashaholic
I cant even get the first part right....sticking a nail into a thick candle and not crack it i still cant do:ohgeez:

Brock said:
Nawww, to get AC your would have to blow them out and re-light really quickly ;)

blow out and relight 60 times a second?

:lolsign::lolsign::lolsign:

Led_Blind

Enlightened
Re: Candle Powered - Is this for REAL !

For the life of me i cannot see what physics or chemistry is in play here that will allow this to work.

Anyone?

alantch

Enlightened

Evan, nice find. As illogical as it seems, maybe I'll give it a go myself some time.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

Totally fake. Notice that each time he lights the second candle, his other hand goes under/behind the table where he obviously has the real switch. There is probably another set of wires running up inside the candles to supply the real power.

evanlocc

Enlightened

DonShock said:
Totally fake. Notice that each time he lights the second candle, his other hand goes under/behind the table where he obviously has the real switch. There is probably another set of wires running up inside the candles to supply the real power.

Really, i am not alone here !
au.gif

What make me suspect most was the 3V output.

aljsk8

Enlightened

the problem is he lifts the candles and there is no visable wire - my guess is very thin wire that the guality of the video hides