shipping cost to UK?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all

i am wondering what the shipping cost to the UK genrally is? i am in the US and am wondering in US dollars what it uasually cost to ship over there.

thanks!

CLHC

Flashaholic
Like what MayCooper said. I did ship a Leatherman to a fellow CPF member to Belgium and didn't mind paying the eXtra cost but did not know that on the receiving end he paid substantial "tax/tariff(?) amount! :thinking: I was sorry about that to say the least. . .

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you trying to figure out shipping costs to attach to a sale or eBay auction?

Not really sure what you're looking for. Perhaps this might help:

Shipping cost = exact shipping charges + materials + other incidental costs and labor + additional charge to offset lowball price (if applicable) + auction and transaction fees (where applicable) + a little extra something for yourself (if desired)

benchmade_boy said:
yes i know you can do that but i am wondering what it uasually cost, not the exact cost.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok say i am sellingot trading one of my lights. lets say my M3T it weighs about 10 oz then with the packing and the bow lets say 15oz. so how much would it cost to send that light over to the uk. it really doesnt matter where just anywhere overthere.

also is there paper work that you have to fill out to send things out of the states?

thanks!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you already have the weight, you can look up the cost at the website of whatever carrier you're planning on using. In your case it sounds like using the US Postal Service would probably be your best bet and most convenient. And yes, you do need to fill out customs declarations. If you want to insure it, you'll need to put the correct value of the light in the customs declaration.

You do have the option of doing all of that ahead of time online before you get to the post office. I think you get free delivery confirmation as well if you do the label online rather addressing the package manually and taking it to the post office.

benchmade_boy said:
ok say i am sellingot trading one of my lights. lets say my M3T it weighs about 10 oz then with the packing and the bow lets say 15oz. so how much would it cost to send that light over to the uk. it really doesnt matter where just anywhere overthere.

also is there paper work that you have to fill out to send things out of the states?

thanks!