got me a cat

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i realy want a cat person.but i was always aaminal person.so dogs are a big no no around here do to rules.so i got a cat she is 10 years old.and i got her last week she would just hide from me then..but now she lays in bed with me and will kinda headbut me if she wants me to pet her.im learning a lot far as when to change liter box still aint sure realy when to do that. she is a nice cat.i am feeding her iams cat food

raggie33

*the raggedier*
3rd_shift said:
Ya just hads to have one, didn't ya. ;)
I had one for 21 years.
Your fun is only just beginning. :)
same cat 21 years?wow they live long time.hope mine lives that long.she seesm real strong now.going to find the best food i can find for her iams is the best so far but i heard about some other brand

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Iams is good as any if she will eat it.. do you mean wet or dry Iams? Some cats like to munch frequently so having a bowl with some dry food always available is good..unless they overeat, but your cat doesn't seem t o have that problem..of course always provide water fresh every day..
and feel free to clean the litter box after every use! My cat usually goes outside, then I shovel it up and toss it in a hole..if it's bad weather, or at night, he uses the indoor litter box, and then I remove 'it' and flush it down the toilet.. (does anything stink worse than cat crap?)
..one more thing; cats will vomit up a meal now and then. don't worry. just clean it up, and take it to a vet if it happens more than 2X a day..
help the kitty keep it's fur clean by flea combing it often, this will help keep fur balls from forming..when my cat vomits he gets a little Petromalt, some cats will lick a little vaseline off your finger-- it helps the fur balls pass -- they seem to know it's good for them.
p_2054_FS35097D.jpg

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Return the head butts and give the cat slow eye blinks. It's cat language they like to hear. Enjoy your cat, raggie.

Geoff

TorchMan

Enlightened
Congrats on the cat. I've lived with cats pretty much all my life, and have three now. Two of them like to lay on the mouse when I'm on the PC. :ohgeez:

Where did you get her? I'm wondering how you know her age? Others have given good advice here. Best wishes on many long and happy years together!

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I feed my cat Inova brand cat food (he eats the wet Innova Evo). It's good stuff.. most smaller pet stores will have it, but even some of the chains have it too.
:) john

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty for the advice everyone cats name is madeline but ill change it cause i cant pronouce it.i got it from sister.cats is pretty smart...

NAW

Enlightened
Cats, love em. I cant get enough of those cute fuzzy wuzzy animals.

I'd like to post a pic. of my cat but the pic is to big. :awman:

Last edited:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I clean out the litter box every evening; we use clumping litter, so both urine and feces are easy to scoop up and put into a plastic bag, which then goes out to the dipsty dumpster for disposal.
Keeps the kitchen dustbin from smelling. :)

Our kitty cats eat Iams, both pouched and canned varieties. And we keep two bowls full of dry cat food and a self-regenerating dish of water on the kitchen floor 24/7.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
how long would ya think a 20 lb bag a clumping litter will last one cat?

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I 'd stay away from the clumping litter. Especially the clay clumping litter, the cat can ingest the clay dust (licks it off her fur) and it can lead to intestinal blockage, or difficult stool-passing which happened to Leon..switching to plain granular clay relieved the situation..
if you use a cat litter spoon and sift out the poop, 20 pounds could last months..

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If a cat is head butting you the he/she definitely likes you. Sounds like you got a sweet one. I've always liked cats a lot and recently finished writing a book on how to build your own cat toilet - one that never needs litter or chemicals and doesn't make a mess out of your regular people toilet like some of those things that train your cat to use regular bathroom toilets. BTW I heard that dry food is better in the long run and I always keep a bowl with food in it - never letting it run out since cats generally won't overeat if they think there will always be food available. I designed my cat toilet after my cat got attacked outside by the idiot neighbor's dogs and since he couldn't seem to keep them in his yard I decided my kitty had to become an indoor only cat. The litter box routine wore thin fast with me and having to always run out and buy litter and then having to dump it I decided there had to be a better way. Looked on the Internet, patent database and could not find anything that I liked so I built my own and plumbed it into the regular house sewer system. Works great and even with a 12 year old cat he learned to use it in about a week or so. It uses his old litter box and some special things I put together.

Norm

Retired Administrator
How To Wash The Cat!

1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.

2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water.

3. Obtain the cat and carry him to the bathroom.

4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and
close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so
that he cannot escape).
CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too
close to the edge, as his paws will be
reaching out for anything he can find.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides
a "power wash and rinse" which I have found to be
quite effective.

6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure
that there are no people between the toilet and the
outside door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and
quickly lift both lids.

8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and
run outside where he will dry himself.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
matrixshaman said:
In response to PSM :D here ya' go:
kitty2op0.jpg

Is it just black cats that like to hide in the foilage? :)

look like the cat got into your "crop"! lol