G&P 1 Watt Drop in - Not too shabby!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought this thing to mod with a Seoul emitter, but I think I want to wait and see if I like it stock first. Its alot brighter than I thought. The tint is what amazes me - its just plain white... I'm impressed. Don't knock it!

zx7dave

Enlightened
I got the 3Watt G&P and like it better than the Cree P4 theat Lighthound just started selling.

mdocod

Flashaholic
DX selling a drop-in module with a Seoul for only like $16.... out of stock atm.. might be one of the better deals on a drop in module available.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
Excuse my n00b ignorance, but what is a "G&P drop-in?" I assume a drop-in module for some existing light, but which light? Secondly: Where are you getting these from?

Jim Holzemer

Newly Enlightened
The G&P drop ins replace the P60/90 Surefire setups. Excellent LED's.

BTW, did an informal outside down the dark trail comparison between the G&P 3W and CREE P4. The G has a tighter, slightly brighter hotspot, while the C possesses a much wider "wall" with roughly the same throw.

As an EMS/Tactical medic, they both should prove effective, even though I always have my A2 clipped in.

xm_8

Banned
Can you post the url link to DX's drop-in module with a Seoul for $16?

Elton

Newly Enlightened
i know this theard is a little old but im thinking of getting the 1watt instead so is it working good for you hows it compare to the stock bulb

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I put a Seoul VO bin emitter in it and its awesome. I highly recommend this mod. Very bright...

kavvika

Enlightened
There is this version, which is currently sold out, and then this new version, which is cheaper and looks to be made differently.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have a BOG lux III drop in that I have had for awhile. Works great, SF quality reflector, and very nice beam. Regulates 3-9 volts.

Bill

Elton

Newly Enlightened
KDOG3 said:
Link? Don't know what you mean...
sorry if you cant tell i dont no jack about flashlights just looking for a way to make the g2 last longer on a set of batterys and for a link i mean a website or is it a custom setup

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
Elton said:
...just looking for a way to make the g2 last longer on a set of batterys and for a link i mean a website or is it a custom setup
Take a look here. This drop-in should be roughly as bright in a G2 as the stock bulb, but give you much better runtime on a set of batteries.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the 1 watt drop in as my host because honestly I don't see any difference in output between the 1W or the 3W. I've got another one on the way plus a Downboy 750 converter board. Can't wait to get that sucker running.

Elton

Newly Enlightened
i think i may give the 1watt a try i keep hearing how hot the 3watt one gets also what is the Seoul VO bin emitter?

Last edited: