Anybody here go through radiation treatment?

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My father is likely to start it in several days and I was just wondering what I should expect.

Still trying to figure out details, like if he should be brought home or put in some nursing home where they can take better care of him during the radiation treatment. Any relevant info will be apprciated. Thanks.

Some background info located here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/150095

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on friends and relatives experiences, I think it largely determines on where the area of radiation is and how much the person needs. A co-worker currently is going thru mild throat radiation and he returns to work after treatments.

Blessings towards your father. Does he have to do chemo after as well?

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The doctors and social worker have not been very clear on what's going on yet. One doc (plastics team) told me that my dad may not need radiation treatment. The oncology guy said he likely will. I think I'm listening more to the oncology guy. :ohgeez: However, he's still semi-vague lthough. Everything is still to be determined by the lead doctor. This guy's part of his team. He did sorta mentioned everyday for two weeks (again not yet determined), so I'm not sure if that's considered a long time or not.

It should be in his throat region, something about keeping it from getting into nerves, so hearing how your friend can go right back to work is mildly encouraging.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your dad's experience sounds a lot like my co-workers. It appears that in some cases the use of radiation, where and how much appears to be highly subjective. He had surgery on his throat and it took the doctor's weeks after to make up their mind before he finally started radiation treatment.