E1e Damaged

jay33t

Newly Enlightened
I ruined my E1e just trying to take the bezel off the front (pliers - I know...ruined the lens and bezel, I even tried to protect it with a rubber pad under the pliers.) I will from this point on, only buy lights pre-modded. I don't think I was meant to be a flashlight modder:rant:
Can someone post a link to someone or source who sells replacement bezels, reflectors. I have a couple LF lamps coming and need to fix my light. Thanks Jay

Last edited:

Cribbage

Newly Enlightened
That bezel should just unscrew from the body.

Were you trying to take out the ring that holds in the window?

You can absolutely be a modder, just some here and ask first if it seems like it might damage something.

Short of changing out an emmiter or driver, everything else is pretty much Legos. A set of snap-ring pliers is useful to get those tailcaps apart, but that's about it.

jay33t

Newly Enlightened
:sold: Thanks cbdudley, offer taken. PM's on way, and yes Cribbage I thought I had to take the ring holding the window out. But all should be well now. :grin2:

Last edited:

cbdudley

Enlightened
Your replacement bezel is on the way. Enjoy!

And just out of curiosity, what was your original plan for modifying the bezel?

jay33t

Newly Enlightened
I was not modifying anything. The back of the bezel/ lamp assembly looked sealed to an extent, so I thought the bulb and reflector came out the front. I was just trying to get the bulb out so I knew how to do it when my LF replacement bulb came. Doesn't get any more noob than that. Expensive learning error lol Jay