Gladius & RCR123A

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been trying to find a way to make my Gladius rechargeable. As has been posted on other threads I found that a 168s will fit in the Gladius however, the low battery warning blinking starts immedietally. I have heard that using 2 protected RCR123A batteries together usually doesn't work well because one or the other shuts down causing the light to turn off. Well, I tried it and got some excellent results. After fully charging the batteries, I turned the Gladius on high wrapped it with a damp paper towel to keep the temp down and let it burn. I was amazed to discover that it ran for an hour and ten minutes before suddenly shutting completely off. The low battery indicator never came on. As soon as it shut off I pulled the batteries to see if they were hot and to my surprise they weren't even warm. Anyway, I hope it works this well with all sets of RCR123A as I now have to order 2 more to replace the ones I took from my 2 HDS EDC Ultimate 60 GT lights. Has everyone else found this to work as well??

:rock:

Paul

BigTwin

Newly Enlightened
senna94 said:
I have been trying to find a way to make my Gladius rechargeable. As has been posted on other threads I found that a 168s will fit in the Gladius however, the low battery warning blinking starts immedietally. I have heard that using 2 protected RCR123A batteries together usually doesn't work well because one or the other shuts down causing the light to turn off. Well, I tried it and got some excellent results. After fully charging the batteries, I turned the Gladius on high wrapped it with a damp paper towel to keep the temp down and let it burn. I was amazed to discover that it ran for an hour and ten minutes before suddenly shutting completely off. The low battery indicator never came on. As soon as it shut off I pulled the batteries to see if they were hot and to my surprise they weren't even warm. Anyway, I hope it works this well with all sets of RCR123A as I now have to order 2 more to replace the ones I took from my 2 HDS EDC Ultimate 60 GT lights. Has everyone else found this to work as well??

Paul

Nice to hear your results...I run the 17670 and I don't mind the blink too much...Anxious to hear why we should or should not run 2 x RC123's ....

Latest posts