Tripod Mount Flashlites...

bl4kkat

Newly Enlightened
since i tried looking throught the forums and not find what i really wanted i thought id post to see what you guys can suggest :)

what im looking for is a small lite around the size of a mini mag or smaller...
the only lites ive found are:

Jetbeam
Ultrafire 3w

are there any other lites that have threads for tripod mount? or am i just limited to these two lites?

what i want in my lite is:

Around +/-50 lumen range
Multi level brightness (but not really necessary)
Uses rechargeables (if not thats okay too)
Has a runtime of 2 or more hours

also is it possible to put threads on... lets say the Fenix P1D? the Cree Edition looks perfect for what i want except it doesnt have a tripod mount:awman:

but in one of the pictures in the fenix store it looks like you can add some threads but not sure... i guess the tail cap isnt think enough to add threads?

oh yeah and can the P1 use rechargeables?

thanx in advance!
-Mark

jki

Newly Enlightened
Surefire Titan has a standard 1/4" x 20 tripod thread, and meets all of your other requirements as well. But at $500 it may or may not exceed your budget!

bl4kkat

Newly Enlightened
kewl im surprised i got quick responses :)

jki- WOW that'd be perfect! only if it wasnt $5oo :awman: im trying to keep my budget from going over $125 (so pretty much not going the price of my FF :grin2:)

luigi- so with the ring it's pretty much a universal tripod mkount for ALMOST any flashlight hmmm... i just might pick that up too

also is there anyone out there that can thread holes on the Fenix P1D? cause im really leaning on getting that one since it ALMOST everything that i want

Flashlight Enthusiast
I woudl say buy those velrco blamp down thingies that clamp cylindrical objects, then make a plastic sandwiche clamped tightly to the middle of the strap (the kind were it goes through a loop and doubles back, then just drill a whole through the top and cut a whole in the strap and put arecessed bolt with 1/4x20 threads in it and screw a nut on that to hold it in place use a nylock nut (with nylon stopper) or use strong loctight.

firefly99

Enlightened
A Surefire E2D has 4 holes in its tailcap, 2 are threaded. I believe it is for tripod mounting.

It seem to meet your needs.

Last edited: