• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED: Some Bright LED Flashlights (Drawer Cleaning - Incl. CREE and SEOUL)

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
SALE CLOSED Thanks for everyone's purchases and interest. :)

'Cuz I have more flashlights than I need..."

Flashlights work reliable, but are sold as-is with no warranty. During upgrade, some internal parts were modified, and will be in imperfect shape. I will remark on any external blemishes.

Only shipping to US addresses... USPS priority envelope included in price.

First to post here and follow-up with Paypal payment gets each. Post here and then wait for my PM.

Pictures follow each product. Pictures will be removed after product is sold, so save them on your hard drive if you want them. Post will be updated from time to time with blue color as I add more lights that I am willing to sell.

(#1) MagliteLED 2AA Upgraded with Cree XR-E P4 WH hard-wired to stock regulator board.
Focusable, ~67 lumens for 7 hours.
$20 shipped. SOLD (ksonger)
See also here... flashlight on the right.

(#2) Deal Extreme GLIMT 10W K2 (2XRCR-123 3.6V) STOCK
~77 lumens high for 20 minutes, or ~36 lumens medium for 75 minutes.
New condition. A real throw monster.
$19 shipped. SOLD (nightwalker)

(#3) Deal Extreme LYCKEBY 3AAA #1 Upgraded with much better 5mm LED'S.
~30 lumens for 4 hours from 9 LED's
(Best Hong Kong 25,000 mcd ultra white).
Not overdriven, 20 mA per LED. Nice warm white light, not blue at all.
CLOSED

(#4) Deal Extreme LYCKEBY 3AAA #2 Upgraded with much better 5mm LED'S
~100 lumens for 2 hours from 9 LED's
(JELED 50,000 mcd highest lm/W efficiency)
overdriven to 50 mA per LED extra bright at the sacrifice of some emitter life. The torch takes advantage of the emitter's high intensity output and focus, which throws really well for a 5mm LED product.
$12 shipped (reduced). SOLD (DeLighted)

(#5) Fenix L0P Black, Upgraded with Seoul P4 U-Bin 6500K emitter
~65 lumens for 1.6 hours, 1AAA. Just one mode.
Case has a small nick in the anodizing at the bottom of the head, visible in the picture. I'll send you the pocket clip shown and a wrist strap, too.
$35 shipped. SOLD (slaps)

(#6) Deal Extreme BLIMP 3AAA, upgraded with Cree CR-E P4 X0 star. If you don't like the flashlight, the star can be removed for use elsewhere. A couple things to note: I bumped up the plastic lens during the upgrade (see close-up), and if you don't have the tailcap tight the beam flickers. Very useful flashlight, not for white-wallers due to lens imperfections.
$20 shipped. SOLD (farmall)
See also here.

(#7) Deal Extreme LILL (1xRCR-123A 3.6V) with CREE XR-E P4 WH emitter upgrade with two brightness modes. HI-OFF-LOW-OFF...
Approximate Lumens and Runtime:
Hi- 110 lumens for 0.7 hours
Lo- 62 lumens for 1.9 hours
It's quite ringy but throws like few others can due to it's large head. Much like the lumapower D-mini.
$37 shipped. SOLD (dduane)

(#8) Ultrafire WF-602-A1 (1AA) 1W with CREE XR-E P4 WH emitter upgrade. This light has an aluminum reflector and glass lens. The smooth-clicking tail button is green but does not glow in the dark. It runs at one level, producing a smooth, warm ~60 max lumens for 4.6 hours on a 1.7V AA Energizer lithium battery. It also accepts standard Alkaline, and I've never had a problem running 1.2V NiMH batteries. I added the wrist strap, included.
$43 shipped. SOLD (gl22man)

(#9) UltraFire WF-606B (1xCR2) Upgraded with Seoul P4 U-Bin 6500K Emitter. This light has an aluminum reflector and glass lens. It operates by a twist, and has one level. This little firecracker is pulls 960mA from a 3V Lithium battery, which puts it at 3W and an estimated 50 minute runtime on a 800 mAh Energizer battery. I don't have a lumen estimate, but you can compare it to a Fenix P1D-CE (Cree Edition) in the pictures below. It throws better. I have added a belt holster, wrist strap, and battery to sweeten the deal.
$46 Shipped. SOLD (myk)

(#10) Fenix Civictor V1 (1xAA) upgraded with Seoul P4 U_Bin 6500K emitter. One level, ~75 lumens, and 3.5 hours runtime. New condition. The modification was recorded starting at post #11 here. Look at the beamshot below, very smooth, no rings, good throw... esp. when compared to the actual beamshots posted by CPF members of 1AA Fenix Cree lights. The emitter is also dead-center in the reflector, hopefully someday Fenix will try to do the same.
CLOSED

Last edited:

ksonger

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: 5 Bright LED Flashlights

and i will buy #1 since i have a custom leather holster for a mag 2xAA and my edc benchmade mini-skirmish! please please, i will even send you my new mag 2XAAXLED so you can mod it again

ken

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Some Bright LED Flashlights (Drawer Cleaning - Mods Too!)

Thanks for your purchases. They ship Monday, you probably already received shipping notices when I printed the labels.

slaps
farmall
ksonger

I reduced the prices on the LYCKEBY's to $12.

I also made sure I am undercutting DX's price on the GLIMT- you'll make out a few bucks with free shipping and get the light a couple weeks earlier than DX (maybe a month earlier with CNY going on).

paulr

Flashaholic

I'm not ignoring those 5mm lights, just thinking about it. Might take you up on one tomorrow if someone else doesn't first. Jeleds are really as efficient as Crees?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast

paulr said:
Jeleds are really as efficient as Crees?

You can see data on the LED's I used here

As you can see, efficiency of LED's in general is better at lower currents. When you divide up the total output job to multiple LED's, efficiency for the total output rises. I'm not sure if 9 LED's are as efficient as one Cree though. You'll have to run the numbers.

DeLighted

Newly Enlightened

:sold: I'll take #4. PM me with info.

Thanks,

Kent

NIGHTGUY

Newly Enlightened

EngrPaul,

If you do any more Mag 2AA/Cree Upgrade mod, I will buy it off you. I am sure many others will too. So I'll keep my fingers crossed.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast

@NIGHTGUY- I try to keep the cost down to my material cost plus $4 for shipping. This was probably an exception for the MiniMag... I charged too little (oops). I have a MiniMag with Seoul upgrade, but I would probably have to sell it for about $45 shipped to properly cover what I put into it. I'm not sure I want to sell it, I really like it :)

My intention here is to keep my arsenal full of one example of each favorite, and find a good home for those that are redundant.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
#8 added, along with some pictures.

The 5 sales so far are being delivered to the post office this afternoon.

I'm running out of packaging materials and mailers. Any orders placed after this post will not ship before Tuesday.

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Some Bright LED Flashlights (Drawer Cleaning - Incl. CREE and SEOUL)

#9 added, what a surprise for it's size!:duck:

P.S. does anyone know why they thread the tailcap on this light? It appears to be the same as a tripod stud. Maybe it will mount on a bicycle? Hmmm...

Last edited:

myk

Enlightened
Re: FS: Some Bright LED Flashlights (Drawer Cleaning - Incl. CREE and SEOUL)

i'll take #9

any idea how it does on an RCR2?

(I don't care, just wondering)

:paypal: Thanks!

Last edited: