THE perfect EDC layout or My L1D is better than your L1D with clip!!!

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
I added a Shrink tube bite cushion...

Oh yea, it's a 130 Lumen rated 123 capable light now too :) !!

I think I like this aspect better than a separate shorter 123 body as this allows me to use AA's as well as the light doesn't change lengths. I'm using the light for a tactical Illumination tool so changes to length can really screw with ones training.

edc.jpg

L1D123.jpg

Here is the pocket clip mounted to the cigar ring. Its reversable so you can position the clip at a couple diff areas on the light.

skytacl123dexp.jpg

L123Dclip.jpg

Last edited:

Delta

Enlightened
Re: My L1D is better than your L1D!!!

WTF???

What is that thing and where did you get it?

Last edited:

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

Yep, Bored out and made a dummy cell.

Now I just need to gain the Stones to bevel or round out the front edge and machine down and round the Tail guard to allow better use of the button Hypodermic Style!

Last edited:

Delta

Enlightened

very nice work!

PB92

Newly Enlightened

L1D CE w/CR123? How that happen, do tell.........

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

Well I was using this thread to Show off my new EDC,

but I bored out the body from the front, as the front is SLIGHTLY thicker than the rear, the depth to allow a 123 to drop in to a bit below where the nipple ofa AA would fall.

This left a supporting surface of a bit over 1/2 inch at the bottom to keep the dummy and a Full AA centered.

A couple concerns some may have:
An O-ring on the AA might help for those that would like a more secure battery but I think the spring will keep it well centered.

And the front edge is now smaller so there is more pressure on the contact ring, but I will rarely use the mode adjustment so it does not concern me, I also do not Jam it down and I polished the surface to make sure there is no roughness. If I notice ANY cutting I will just use a VERY thin copper washer to spread the load and as a sacrifice surface.

The dummy is a Piece of 6061 (I think, it's been a while) with a wide button to allow as much contact as possible with the 123 and has a layer of Heat shrink on it.

I think I may machine a triangle or winged ring for it so it's a bit easier to use ala Hypodermic style.

Last edited:
C

charge

Re: My EDC layout or My L1D is better than your L1D!!!

Nice Pistol. I ve had a Glock 30 for years.

The light is pretty nice too:grin2:

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

Yea, but did you notice what the Glock eats???

Perfectionist

Enlightened

Are they hollow points ..... aren't they meant to be pretty nasty ??

Frikkin great job on your L1D !! Why didn't Fenix/JetBeam/RexLight think of that !!

Maybe you could sell them the idea !! :D

Or perhaps you could start modding L1's for CPFers as a nice little money maker !!

Last edited:

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

Call it the SKYWLKR mod...

Quantumstate

Banned

Why didn't Fenix think of that?

On the slug, why heatshrink? A bare billet would allow a shorter return path for current.

(Eh, you like to play with nasty toys. Oh I see, you live in LA)

Last edited:

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

I used the shrink Wrap to help hold the dummy better in the body and to have a more fiished look, The shrink wrap has no affect on the electrical path.

On another Note I tried the same thing with an L1T I have but for CR2's. It works well all so!!! I MIGHT be able to get a 123 in one of mine as it is VERY centered. If it does break through it'll be very slight,and I'm gonna throw a Shrink tube over it and call it a bite guard...

Naw the Toys arent nasty...

Last edited:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast

What are the advantages of modifiying that to take a CR123A, rather than buying a P1D-CE? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm just curious.

*Man, I wish we were allowed Glocks in this country. What an asshole that Dunblaine shooter was, and what a bad, bad response by the government. Now the only privately owned handguns in this country are the illegal ones (UK law).*

greenstuffs

Banned

MikeSalt said:
What are the advantages of modifiying that to take a CR123A, rather than buying a P1D-CE? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm just curious.

*Man, I wish we were allowed Glocks in this country. What an asshole that Dunblaine shooter was, and what a bad, bad response by the government. Now the only privately owned handguns in this country are the illegal ones (UK law).*
P1D is a twisty and L1D is a clicky, some people like me can't stand twisties because they are too awkward to use specially for people having big hands like me. But you do get the advantage of having a more compact and pocketable flashlight.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

My Condolences on the Handgun ban... There was a gun ban in 1938 in Germany... I hope the UK fares better with theirs. I am seeing a down hill run this time, it's thugs that are doing the dirty work...

Any way it allows the body to be a bit longer (P1D is too short), have a Clickie, AND be very versatile by being ably to use 123, CR2, AA or even AAA...

Oh, did I forget to mention that...I built a couple more adapters to run all those batteries!!!

Here is a Shot of a Police offcer using the Rogers/Surefire/hypodermic technique with a bigger light!

This would be impossible with out the extra length or the tail switch, I still need to maching down the button gaurd to aid this, right now I am using a Rubber button adhesed to the button.

The Rogers tech is worlds ahead with its extra 3 fingers and palm integrated into the grip, the Harris is the one used by the TV cops with the hands back to back and provides VERY LITTLE suport over one handed.

***HOTLINKED IMAGES REMOVED. PLEASE REVIEW THE POSTING GUIDLEINES***
rogerssurfire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PB92

Newly Enlightened

Can that L1D CE emitter run at 130 lumens for long?

cdosrun

Enlightened

Only until the cells run down :) Cree have rated the XRE at 1A continuous, and it is being driven more gently than that in a stock L1D. I think the L2D drives under an amp too, judging my 4x7's measuring of the current in another thread.

Andrew

Perfectionist

Enlightened

I'm guessing a similar mod could be done on the new Jetbeam ??

highorder

Enlightened

Are they hollow points ..... aren't they meant to be pretty nasty ??

hollow points are designed to limit overpenetration, while ensuring energy dump into the target.

they are effective in this role.