I learned it by watching you.

silas

Newly Enlightened
Well after doing some lurking and reading on here for a while I finally joined last week and bought my first flashlight.
I ended up going with the Inova T1 and I'm pleased with my choice. It's a sweet little light. The design, fit, and finish, are beautiful.
I have already, yes already, started looking for my next light. I'm thinking about the SureFire 6P and add one of those new Cree drop ins. I'm looking for a light that I can also put on my AR. It's between the SureFire and a Pentagonlight. What are your thoughts on this?

Here are some pictures. I threw in a couple of other toys to make the pics a little more busy.

CIMG0864.jpg

CIMG0900.jpg

CIMG0907.jpg

CIMG0935.jpg

CIMG0954.jpg

CIMG0974.jpg

ScooterBug

Enlightened
i like 45 autos, don't care what kind they are but i happen to carry a S&W.:grin2: welcome to the club and WATCH your wallet. this can get expensive.:banghead:

redledz

Newly Enlightened
I recently also bought an Inova T1. I am very pleased with it's construction and performance. The feel of it is very solid. I will most likely get the new T1 with reflector when it comes out too.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
silas said:
Well after doing some lurking and reading on here for a while I finally joined last week and bought my first flashlight.
I ended up going with the Inova T1 and I'm pleased with my choice. It's a sweet little light. The design, fit, and finish, are beautiful.

Welcome to CPF.

I have an Inova T1 in my pocket as I type this. There are smaller, brighter lights. But, as you noted, the fit and finish are beautiful. Is is super rugged and the clickie tail switch is superb.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you will fit in quite well here, I really like your knife and I will definately say if you don't mind SF's price they make excellent lights that are damn near indestructable. I personnally fell in love with the U2 and own one, great light.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome! If you want a light for your AR you should definitely look at Surefire. They are going to be releasing some Cree lights in the (hopefully) not too distant future so you may want to wait and see what they release that will suit your needs.

silas

Newly Enlightened
carrot said:
Is that a RAT-3?

It's a Busse Straight Handled Badger Attack.

Thanks for all of the welcomes. This site has everything if your trying to learn about flashlights. I'm glad I found it.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
silas and redledz, welcome to CPF and congratulations on your purchases of the Inova T1. It's a very good light that should not let you down.

High-quality pics, sweet gun, sweet knife, sweet flashlight! Your Innova T1 fits the HK perfectly. We're a little gun-shy here in So. Cal. so when we go night-hiking we have to rely on Surefires with Crenelated Strike Bezels for protection. Otherwise I'd be breaking the law. Sad...

For a superior tactical light, I'd recommend the Surefire line. You know that commercial: "Stop 'em, with a Schlage"? Well, I've used Surefires, Pelicans, and Streamlights for my night hikes. My conclusion is, "Nothin' STOPS a Surefire."

Tonight I found a continuation of my trail where I had thought it ended! All thanks to the secure feeling given by my Surefire M3-CB, I searched around carefully, and found it.

Welcome to CPF!

Last edited:

mudhole

Newly Enlightened
HOORAY!! for the .45 tactical!nice to see I'm not the only one who spent an arm and a leg on that thing.Now go get yourself a rail adapter and an X200B.

But other than that I second surefire for the tactical light field.Check out the
The E,and A series if your trying to keeps slim and good looking,and if not hit up all their other ones.

Sig229

Newly Enlightened
Don't you know SigSauer is the only gun for SD. No seriously Nice Heckler and welcome to the club.Flashlights are as expensive as firearms.

Bill

firefly99

Enlightened
I like the Innova T1 also. Using it to drain those exhausted batteries from incan lights. Very well bulit, solid feel.

Face

Enlightened
What's that thing pointing out of the barrel in the bottom pic of the gun?

(we're not alllowed guns in the UK :( )

silas

Newly Enlightened
Face said:
What's that thing pointing out of the barrel in the bottom pic of the gun?

Thats a thread protector that screws on and off. The end of the barrel is threaded to allow the attachment of a sound suppressor.

Thanks again for all of the compliments and welcomes. I've been visiting this site for a couple of weeks now and my head is spinning from all of the info. I may need to slow down a little. I have no idea what I want now.

aml

Newly Enlightened
silas said:
I have already, yes already, started looking for my next light. I'm thinking about the SureFire 6P and add one of those new Cree drop ins. I'm looking for a light that I can also put on my AR. It's between the SureFire and a Pentagonlight. What are your thoughts on this?

Here are some pictures. I threw in a couple of other toys to make the pics a little more busy.

Pentagons come standard with shock isolated bezels. I have been very happy with my x3 HA on my AR. Do yourself a favor though, and put it in a decent mount the first time around...so you dont end up spending the cash twice. I ended up with a Larue mount, and wish i would have done that from the start.

21312newm4.jpg

Latest posts