• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED: Modded Fenix AA/CR2 Bodies

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
CLOSED
These Fenix 1AA bodies were just gathering dust so I thought something
should be done :D

They were bored out partially to accept 3V CR2 batteries.

You will need to use the Delrin spacer to bridge the gap.
You can always switch back to easily available AAs.

- A: Fenix L1P Body bored out to accept CR2.
- B: Fenix L1P Body bored out to accept CR2.

A and B are bodies from the first run of the L1P. Note that they have
the thinner O-rings.
The finish is a rather dull grey compared to the ano on more recent Fenix lights.
- C: Fenix L1T body bored out to accept CR2.
C was made from a L1T AA body and has longer, bare aluminum threads on the bezel side.
Yes, the 2 stage will work on a L1T/L2T bezel. It works with a L2P bezel as well.
All come with a Delrin spacer.

$US15 each shipped anywhere. Paypal only (any kind).
An unconditional :takeit: posted here has priority.
Please state which body A/B/C you want. I will send you a PM with payment details.

I do not recommend using these with the L1P bezel which has a circuit board designed for 1.5V.
Some people have been using them at 3V or in some cases 3.7V setups, but this may reduce
the LED's lifespan drastically, or just blow it.

I will not be held responsible for any damage to your light.
Use at your own risk.
Batteries not included.

These bodies were used for measuring and fitting custom parts. You may notice some wear
on the threads, but they are all uncarried. Any nicks or scratches are the way they came.
Grease has been wiped off so please lube before using.

I'm not sure if they are wide enough to use a RCR2 since I don't have none :shrug:

Thanks for looking :wave:

Last edited:

LowTEC

Enlightened
Re: FS: Modded Fenix AA/CR2 Bodies

Do you think you will be doing a run of 123/CR2 bodies for the L1D-CE ......pleeeease :lolsign:

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm quite flattered that anyone is actually waiting for me to make something!
But like I posted somewhere before, the answer is no. Really sorry to dissapoint any of you.

The whole Fenix body thing started from a piece of leftover aluminum tube. I made a simple CR2 tube to make the L2P shorter, showed it off, and after some requests had some CNCed. Same with some other stuff I have offered.

4sevens encouraged me to make more Fenix bodies to sell through his shop and small changes were made along the way.
CR2 - CR2 with knurling and trit slot - CR123 with knurling - CR123 for T series...
There were a fairly large number of various bodies made, and I will tell you that it's an amazing feeling to know something you designed and made available was used all over the world.
Due to many people requesting one, a small run of RCR123 bodies was actually done too, but the thin walls had contact issues and the project was silently scrapped.

Not to get all melodramatic and stuff, but now I just want to go back to enjoying making bits and pieces (and maybe a complete light someday), kicking around ideas with people who share the same interests.

No one pressured me to do anything, but though I enjoyed this all immensely, that is just the way I felt. Getting things done on time, finding the right parts, waiting for payments, getting anxious with shipping, fretting over details no one cared about, worrying whether everything will be alright in the end...

There are a lot of people offering mods now. I don't like stepping on others' toes, nor do I like mine getting stepped on. There is so much you have to consider these days, I cannot even fathom what the real modders go through!

CPF has grown so much since the time I joined. Back then, someone would pop an empty glue container on his Arc AAA and call it a mod.. and everyone enjoyed it.
Now, it is huge. I can no longer keep up with all the posts, and nothing convinces me that I necessarily have to either. So many new lights and parts coming out. A varying degree in knowledge and interest among the many many members.

Besides that, there are other pressing issues at hand, I need to cut back on time in front of the computer.

Anyway, look at how the bodies I offered here still remain. I thought they would go fast, but this just shows that I have lost the edge (if any to start with) ! :green:

Perfectionist

Enlightened

Nooooo !!!! Stay with us dude ..... don't go over to the dark side .....

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

nekomane said:
4sevens encouraged me to make more Fenix bodies to sell through his shop and small changes were made along the way.
CR2 - CR2 with knurling and trit slot - CR123 with knurling - CR123 for T series...
There were a fairly large number of various bodies made, and I will tell you that it's an amazing feeling to know something you designed and made available was used all over the world.

Nekomane - your bodies are a worldwide success! I'm complete out
and folks are still asking for them :) There were close to 1000 bodies
(cr2 and 123's) that you made - at least what passed through the store.
I don't think enough people know that it was your design! I think this is
a service to fellow cpf'ers that need a major congrats! :thumbsup: