UltraFire C2

x2x3x2

Banned
Has anyone purchased the UltraFire C2 yet?

If anyone has, could tell us:

1. How bright is it compared to other similar sized 1x 18650 XR-e lights like M1, FT-01, Fenix CE series, etc?

2. Runtime tests, is it really regulated?

3. How is the XR-E emitter mounted, is it on easily modable start/round pcb?

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, and for goodness sake, please, PLEASE, tell us about the clicky! We must know about the clicky!!!

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
Quote from a site that sells them, will post site if anyone is interested.
This light is regulated. On a side note Ultrafire's technician talked to me one time and said that any light with variable input must have regulation components.
Manufacturer suggested time is 3 hours (expect actual runtime to be ~2 hours to 50%). Current highest temperature: 97'F
- Takes both 2xCR123A and 1x18650 batteries
- Accepted voltage input 3.6V ~ 9V
- Glass lens and orange-peel aluminum reflector cup
- Switch type: 1-mode clickie
- Ultrafire model number: C2
- Phase-one test result: 5500 lux throw @ 1 meter (+/- 500lux) with Ultrafire 2400mAh 3.7V battery
- Note: this light's the battery compartment does not have contact spring on the positive node. So protected 18650 cells (those with recessed positive node) will not work with this light without a small spacer.

Last edited:

mhubble

Enlightened
I had this light for a day and sent it back. Its well made, bright, and lots of throw. Didnt keep it long enough to do a run time test. Compared it to the PALMBLAZE its not near as bright, but doesnt get as hot as the Palmblaze does. Very small hot spot on the C2 but lots of side spill. What really turned me off was when I compared it to the ULTRAFIRE K2 Lux. The k2 is equal or out performs the C2 in every way. K2 throws farther, same brightness, K2 has alot bigger hot spot, run times are identical. For the money I think the K2 (palmblaze or ultrafire) is a better more useful light.

x2x3x2

Banned
Have u tried comparing the battery life of the K2/palm blaze vs the C2? or If runtime isnt a factor for u then i guess the palm blaze beats both of them.

mhubble

Enlightened
The run time on my Palmblaze is about 2 hours to 50% (more than 1.5 hours of full brightness) and then a LONG time with slowly deminishing light. The Ultrafire K2 is about the same, just not as bright as the Palmblaze. I had read somewhere that the C2 was about the same. A big plus for me is the tactical type switch on the Palmblaze. Ive never understood why more manufactuers dont use this type of switch. Especially in these type lights.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
ernsanada posted a review in the reviews section : https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/154449In the beamshots, it apears to be 95% as bright as the lumapower m1. I purchased one from battery junction that should be here tomorrow. I will comment and post beamshots vs. a palmblaze and p61 incan bulb and inova t3 by monday.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine today. I will post beamshots by Mon at the latest...with vs. p61, new Inova T3, SurvivorLED and Palmblaze. My results were opposite when compared to palmblaze. I like the Palmblaze a lot, but the C2 is brighter (although comparing apples to oranges in beam) It is easily brighter than the T3 and P61.

Bottom line, after buying 8 Surefires, 5 Inovas, Several SL and UK,PT ect lights over the last 2 decades, the Ultrafire C2 is the best bang for the buck I have ever spent. The last time I was this impressed (for the money) was my origional 6p back in 89 or 90. I think it is the brightest $40 you can spend.