ebay Spammers from Beijing, China

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time I place an item for sale on eBay, I get SPAM from Beijing.

Through eBay's messaging service.

The "Buyer" has feedback of 1.

They have bought, or sold the letters qq for 1p, and provided themselves with feedback, of 1.

They keep changing their name, new ID every day, new registration.

They really are stupid, because the message is the same, come to my website, contact me by e-mail etc.

Same address every time.

I understand that this is to harvest e-mail address, and also phishing, to try and get you to part with financial details.

I have done google search, these addresses are apparently well know for this.

However, and this is my main point,

eBay will not do anything to stop this SPAM.

They will write to me afterwards, days later, and ask me not to respond.

What I want is to stop these, low feedback, from China, ebay messages getting through, yet eBay will not allow me to do this, nor will they stop them themselves.

Simple matter I would have though, STOP low feedback, STOP China messages, STOP when the message content is [email protected].

I am extremely annoyed, so I ask you all.

What can I do to STOP these messages ever reaching me.?

Has anything been done on eBay USA for example.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is too much work for too little result for it to be spammers. I don't know how a private party can get eBay to wake up and do somthing. Sorry.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I had those last time I sold something too.

Only one was from brazil, and one was from somewhere else in the middle east or something.

Both of them were to purchase it outside of ebay because "they cant do paypal". One wanted to use BidPay, and I don't even think that's around anymore. I responded to one saying sorry only "paypal, only ship in US" through ebay's messaging thing, and they said that their son is abroad studying and to ship directly to their son, that they would send western union and it was real easy to pick it up, once they send western union would email me and then that means funds are ready for me and to ship the package. (yeah right)

Right then I knew this was a big time scam, and ignore all the rest of them flooding in.

It's sad that message boards and ebay/etc is now targeted for spam and scammers too.