Best drop in for a newly acquired SF G3

BUZ

Enlightened
Well I just purchased a G3 from TacticalSupply.com and was wondering if anyone makes a good drop in that will handle 9v's? I see that light hound has a cree drop in but from what I've read about it so far it doens't seem like it's worth the $40.

Nobody makes a drop in fitted with the seoul P4 do they?

surefireg3nitro_240.jpg

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
It says it will accept 3-9V so 3x123 cells or 2 17500 cells should work. I have two G&P modules with the Lux III LED and they both work fine on 2x123, 3x123, 2xR123 or 2x17500 cells.

But definately don't take my work for it... but you should be fine.

xm_8 said:
Here are the cheapest cree drop ins but I don't know if these will work in a G3.

Ultrafire Cree, Regulator, Reflector 1x18650 2xCR123A Lamp Assembly

$15.95

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1343

20$ each Shipped, Cree XR-E(W.D) Drop-in Module for G&P, SF6P/9P

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/152588

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi BuZ,

How does the G3 handles in your hands? I mean its much longer than G2 due to 3 cells. Being nitrolon, how is the grip like ? (I have sweaty hands, unfortunately)

Furthermore has it got a anti-roll bezel in front?

Availability of LED drop-ins in the market have me interested in the G3 as one could getaway with a high lumens led package for under 100$....COOL:rock:

Last edited:

xm_8

Banned
These cree drop ins all look very tall. Will the G3 head screw down all the way or will there be a gap?

cfromc

Enlightened
cfromc said:
The website says these run at 900mAh. Any idea how bright? Does anyone have one of these and does it fit w/ or w/o a gap on a SF?

Nevermind. I found what I wanted on dealextreme's website. Looks like the other one posted on this thread might work better. (key word: might)

xm_8

Banned
Wolf Eyes D26 Cree (SF P60 Drop in) $39.99 has a much shorter height and looks like better build quality.

BUZ

Enlightened

ynggrsshppr

Newly Enlightened
Owen said:
The WE states 3.7-6V.

There is another one that is 9V, you'll have to preorder the 6V and tell Mike to switch to the 9V. I was going to order one but with all these new dropins popping up now I'm not so sure.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, ynggrsshppr. I'm actually interested in a drop-in for a 9V, which is what prompted me to check out this thread to begin with, plus I love their incan lamps, so maybe the Wolf Eyes will be worth checking out.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember though, Nitrolon lights don't pull away the heat from the LED modules as well as aluminum - its' possible to overheat the driver. Just a thought.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
jumpstat said:
How does the G3 handles in your hands? I mean its much longer than G2 due to 3 cells. Being nitrolon, how is the grip like ? (I have sweaty hands, unfortunately)
Not much longer. Only a little longer.
jumpstat said:
Furthermore has it got a anti-roll bezel in front?
Yes. See picture above