How many people has a Pierce M10?

taro68

Newly Enlightened
Hello, i am thinking to buy a Pierce M10 and i am curious to know how many people has a Pierce M10 on his collection or EDC use. I have the first run of Pierce flashlight (the prototype) bought some years ago. Many thanks.
Giovanni

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he's got a discount or closeout price still going in case you didn't know. I own an Arc twisty that has the essence of the Pierce in it - before he made the M10 he had made some switchable boards for the Arc LS (I think I'm correct on this) that had a tiny slide switch on them to change the brightness. Most of what I've heard about the M10 is good but the optics are not quite what I'd want in most lights - not like the beams from a reflector of some of the better Luxeon lights and now with the Cree and P4's out I'd probably opt for a light with those increased brightness over the M10 although it might make a good light to mod with the new LED's. If I wasn't broke right now I would have probably bought one when he put them up at the closeout price ($70??).

Rob187

Enlightened
I bought an M10i recently at the 'blowout' price.

I think the M10 is a great little light with excellent engineering and design.

Unfortunately I had to send mine back for repair to the high/low switch but expect it back any day now.

I think matrixshaman is right - it is not in the same brightness league as the new generation of LEDs. For this reason, I prefer the 'wide' optic over the narrow. It is never going to compete on throw so I plan to use it (mostly) with the wide optic and probably on the low setting.

I think it is an outstanding light especially at the $70 blowout price.

Last edited:

fleegs

Enlightened
It is a nice light. I have the M10i. It is a little bright for what I need most of the time with the narrow optic. This is basically a twisty light with one brightness level (for the most part). I like the wide optic beam, it's very useful. I do think the current settings for high and low are not that useful. A lower low and a lower high would have been better I think for a light this size. The lanyard is cool. I wish I would have bought more than one so I could keep a different optic in each one. The only thing I do not like is the flat oring design. Kind of a pain to work with when changing optics. I would buy a second one but am holding out for their cree version (hoping really). I am hoping for a m10i cree with a high low switch at 100ma and 700 ma (may be dreaming). I have EDC'd it on and off for around a month total. I switch out my EDCs every few days.

What other lights do you have? I could give you my opinion if it would be worth while to get it. You may hear people telling you to wait for cree. That usually means only if you want brighter with same runtime. I have not seen it used for same brightness and longer runtime (except for the mizer PD and they can not be gotten easily)

Good luck,
rob

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wish they had the special price when I got mine!

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
matrixshaman said:
If I wasn't broke right now I would have probably bought one when he put them up at the closeout price ($70??).

I was wanting one of these a few months ago when they first ran a special for CPFers, but I'm also broke now and will have to pass as well. Dang it!! :sigh:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob187 said:
I bought an M10i recently at the 'blowout' price.

I think the M10 is a great little light with excellent engineering and design.

Unfortunately I had to send mine back for repair to the high/low switch but expect it back any day now.

I think matrixshaman is right - it is not in the same brightness league as the new generation of LEDs. For this reason, I prefer the 'wide' optic over the narrow. It is never going to compete on throw so I plan to use it (mostly) with the wide optic and probably on the low setting.

I think it is an outstanding light especially at the $70 blowout price.

I agree! It's the among the smallest a single CR123 lights, it is powerful and incredibly well mached! ! as a matter of fact I bought a second M10 at that $70 close out price ! :sold:

Glad to see your post about the broken hi/low switch because I have the same problem. Hopefully they can fix it. It ships with the wide optic low which is probably the best setting. It also fits great in a Fenix P1 holster!
the way that light is machined made it a bargin at $100 -$140 at 1/2 price or $70 it's a deal.

leprechaun414

Enlightened
I have one of these and all I can say is it is one of the best lights around. I use it everyday and use a rechargeble and it is just the best EDC around. The people at Pierce are great too. If you are thinking about getting one and are unsure I would say get one. You will love it. And for the clearence price you won't find a better light for the price.:grin2:

spyderknut

Enlightened
Without having any way to measure it, I think this light has the tightest tolerances of any light I own. I hope the blowout of the current model means Pierce has something better up their sleeves.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 Pierce lights. Someone here will figure out something real simple for a mod,
Cree or reflector or whatever. I think its a great light.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is an incredible light. I hope to hear from the folks at Pierce about the hi/low switch problem I am having. it ships with the wide floody optic and low setting that is the best setting IMHO.

Walking in the Light

Newly Enlightened
Very satisfied with my M10 which I purchased last year. As a 1st run, it has a few obvious cosmetic flaws. Other than that, the beam is pure white (Whiter than my HDS-60 Basic!) and seems to be very well engineered. Beam is on the narrower side and is quite penetrating. My switch works fine but I am curious to know what problems people are having regarding it.

Walking in the Light

Newly Enlightened
Very satisfied with my M10 which I purchased last year. As a 1st run, it has a few obvious cosmetic flaws. Other than that, the beam is pure white (Whiter than my HDS-60 Basic!) and seems to be very well engineered. Beam is on the narrower side and is quite penetrating. My switch works fine but I am curious to know what problems people are having regarding it.