• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Mint, Rare SuperFlashlight III Mc38-V

charlesn

Enlightened
SOLD is, quite simply, the brightest and whitest flashlight it has ever been my pleasure to own: a rare SuperFlashlight III Mc38-V, in mint, shelf queen condition. Only 15 were ever sold to the public -- but I bought this particular one directly from Mike Jordan himself. The building of this amazing light reflects the skills of three of the most talented craftsmen here on CPF: McGizmo, of course, designed the incredible Mc38 reflector; master machinist Katokichi sculpted the body parts; and MJ handled the electronics and overall build. You can learn everything you might ever want to know about this light (as well as see photos) through the link posted below, but the essential details are as follows:

The Mc38-V features an overachieving WXOT Lux V driven at two levels: a low mode (exact drive current unknown), plus a turbo mode at 900ma. Both modes are fully regulated. When you consider that Lumileds rates this emitter at roughly 150-190 lumens at 700ma, you can imagine the screaming brightness with a 30% boost in drive current--the output, in both "wall of light" and throw, is just astonishing, as well as being gorgeously "no tint" white with no donut. The original, custom-made nylon holster that holds the light and a spare set of batteries is included.

The price is what I paid to MJ, no profit: $375, plus 3% to cover my PayPal fees. I will throw in overnight shipping CONUS at my own expense. First to post "I'll take it" with no conditions or questions asked gets the light, but please feel free to PM me with questions if you have them.

For further info about SF III Mc38-V light:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=99634&page=1&pp=30&highlight=SuperFlashlight+Mc38

Last edited:

charlesn

Enlightened
Re: SOLD PENDING $$: Mint, Rare SuperFlashlight III Mc38-V

Sold pending funds...

Nebula

Enlightened

Charles - Thank you for the opportunity to own this fantastic light. It is everything you said it was and more. The light looks brand new and the pouch is in perfect shape. Thanks also for the two sets of batteries.

Your are a true gentleman and an asset to this community. Cheers. Kirk

charlesn

Enlightened

Thank you for the kind comments, Kirk, and I'm really glad that you're happy with the light. I was sorry to see it go, but something's gotta pay for my McGizmo addiction. ;-)

Last edited:

Latest posts