Fenix L1D CE - flickering on high

Ritch

Enlightened
I got my L1D CE some days ago. A very good flashlight imho. There is only one problem. Sometimes on high it flickered slightly but visible. I cleaned the threads and used some Nyogel 760 G. With Alkalines it's ok now, but when using Energizer Lithium it flickers from time to time.
Has anyone the same problem? What could it be?

Thanks,
Richard

mchlwise

Enlightened
Ritch said:
I got my L1D CE some days ago. A very good flashlight imho. There is only one problem. Sometimes on high it flickered slightly but visible. I cleaned the threads and used some Nyogel 760 G. With Alkalines it's ok now, but when using Energizer Lithium it flickers from time to time.
Has anyone the same problem? What could it be?

Thanks,
Richard

I had a very slight problem with mine when I first received it, which was a loose tailcap retaining ring.

Some trouble-shooting pointers are here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/152140

:candle:

mnj

Newly Enlightened
I just recently received my L1d-CE, and am having similar problems. Sometimes I get flickering, sometimes the light does not turn on. When I have time I will check the switch retaining ring, I hope that's the problem! It's a great little light, I don't want to have to return it!:candle:

LGCubana

Enlightened
There maybe an easy fix. Try cleaning the positive contact point on the rear of the light's head with a pencil eraser.

Worked for me on an Ultrafire CR2 model.

mchlwise

Enlightened
LGCubana said:
There maybe an easy fix. Try cleaning the positive contact point on the rear of the light's head with a pencil eraser.

Worked for me on an Ultrafire CR2 model.

Yeah, that's a good point.

Also, it's pretty easy to isolate the problem as being the switch or not:

1) tighten the head down to make sure it's making good contact. This isn't as critical with the L1DCE since contact also goes through the threads, but it's a good idea.

2) remove the tailcap.

3) insert battery (or use battery already inserted) making sure the + side is toward the head and the - side is exposed.

4) use a paperclip or other piece of conductive material (metal, wire, etc.) and touch one end to the battery - and the other end to the bare aluminum end of the body.

This method makes contact from the battery - to the light's - (which is the body itself). If it lights up, the problem is in the switch. If it does not light up and you are sure you are making contact between the good battery and the bare aluminum of the body, the problem is in the head of the light.

:popcorn:

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a similar problem with my L1T, the metal retaining ring in the tail cap needed to be
adjusted so it would make proper contact with the body of the light