• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Found: potted 1185 or ceramic PR to bi-pin adapter

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: potted 1185 or ceramic PR to bi-pin adapter

I'd recomend going with a Kiu high-temp socket and break out your soldering skills. only REAL rudimentary skills are reauired else i wouldnt have been able to do it. lol. That way you can source the Bi-Pin bulbs from wherever you wish.

But, for the fast turnkey the FM socket adapters are definately the way to go. If all else fails i'm sure he'll be re-running a batch soon. they are popular.

Shane

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

mudman cj said:
I am looking for either a set (3-4) of potted 1185 bulbs OR a ceramic PR to bi-pin adapter (FM preferred). Please PM with offers.
I don't have a PR/Bi-Pin adapter but I do have one of FMs ceramic bi-pin slugs that replaces the entire sliding PR socket assembly.
It's even installed in a modified D Mag switch.
I'll separate it from the switch if you want just the slug, or I can send you the fully modded switch, or I'll re-install it into a C body switch. You'd just have to send me back your un-modded switch.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

If he wants to take just the slug I'll take the factory unmodded D switch assembly if not too much. I seem to be one short for the ammount of hosts that I have :(

Shane

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hallis said:
If he wants to take just the slug I'll take the factory unmodded D switch assembly if not too much. I seem to be one short for the ammount of hosts that I have :(

Shane
I'm short one too. That's why I want his un-modded switch. The switch that the slug is in is fully modded.
If you buy my Mag625R, I'll throw in an un-modded switch.:naughty:

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

lol ive already got a 140watt hotwire. IT doesnt sport the 30 minute runtime yours does but its nice.

Shane

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hallis said:
lol ive already got a 140watt hotwire. IT doesnt sport the 30 minute runtime yours does but its nice.

Shane
Any 140W hotwire is a bit more than nice.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees

I have found some posts about this slug, but no pics. I assume this replaces the assembly that is pushed up into the bulb base by the spring. I also saw that these were made for mag chargers - but I assume they work in standard mags, right?

Some people were worried about them giving off some sort of vapor after extended periods of operation at high temp that coated reflectors - has anyone had this happen? I am feeling apprehensive about using one of these over a KIU assembly. My intended use is in a C sized mag for an 1185 and this is for a non-flashaholic family member, so I don't want anything to go wrong down the road.

Nebula

Enlightened

Mudman - I think that JM is referring to the slug that FM sold for the Magcharger. I have the same one and it is considerably larger than the bi-pin socket. Do a search under FM's threads and look for the Magcharger mods. The slug will fit the regular Mags. Good luck. Kirk

mudman cj said:
I have found some posts about this slug, but no pics. I assume this replaces the assembly that is pushed up into the bulb base by the spring. I also saw that these were made for mag chargers - but I assume they work in standard mags, right?

Some people were worried about them giving off some sort of vapor after extended periods of operation at high temp that coated reflectors - has anyone had this happen? I am feeling apprehensive about using one of these over a KIU assembly. My intended use is in a C sized mag for an 1185 and this is for a non-flashaholic family member, so I don't want anything to go wrong down the road.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

mudman cj said:

It does work in a regular Mag switch. It replaces the entire chrome sliding assembly. I had a problem with one for another user, but it turned out it was the switch, not the slug. Right now, the slug is in a Mag11 I threw to gether.
The KIU is definitely the better solution if the quick focus aspect of the Mag isn't all that important.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees

Ah yes, I almost forgot about losing the focus option with the KIU socket.

Nebula - when you say it is considerably larger than the bi-pin socket, do you mean it is a larger component than the PR to bi-pin socket? I just want to make sure the bulb sits at about the same height on the pedestal for proper focus.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

mudman cj said:

Nebula - when you say it is considerably larger than the bi-pin socket, do you mean it is a larger component than the PR to bi-pin socket? I just want to make sure the bulb sits at about the same height on the pedestal for proper focus.

IF he has what i think he has then it replaces the entire slug. But it retains the same spring-loaded focasable up and down characteristics as the PR socket does.

Shane

Nebula

Enlightened

Mudman - yes, it is physically larger in that it is longer than the bi-pin socket FM sells. As Hallis mentioned it takes the place of the chrome cylinder on the stock switch. You just remove the original piece and install the new one. The cylinder's height should be the same, but you can make the bulb sit higher (deeper into the reflector) if you leave the bulb's legs a little long. I use MOP and HS reflectors so this matters less to me than it would were I using smooth reflectors. Good luck. Kirk

mudman cj said: