over 100 horses rescued in the netherlands

bitslammer

Enlightened
Wow! I wonder if those were wild horses or did they belong to somebody? I can't imagine someone owning that many but I didn't think there were wild horses in the Netherlands. Deer, maybe an elk or something but not horses. That was some nice work by some skilled riders in getting that off so smoothly.

Secur1

Enlightened
Maybe there where on vacation :p

Good catch there 200xlt thanks for posting :)

Brum

Newly Enlightened
bitslammer said:
Wow! I wonder if those were wild horses or did they belong to somebody? I can't imagine someone owning that many but I didn't think there were wild horses in the Netherlands. Deer, maybe an elk or something but not horses. That was some nice work by some skilled riders in getting that off so smoothly.
I think the owner of the horses was charged for animal cruelty or something like that. He was warned about the storm and it was known by him that the area could be flooded. However, he didn't relocate the horses to a safe (high) piece of land. That was the story, I believe. I'm really not a fan of horses (unless their in the wild, and yes we do have wild horses in Holland), but this was nice to see!

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice... I live in the Netherlands, but did not hear about this... Thanks !

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
MayCooper said:
Yeah... like 20 of em

... one of which just catapulted my daughter out of the saddle during her riding lesson
ohgeez.gif
(she's OK)

The rescue was big in the news here. Some of the rescuers were only girls. You could see one of them go head over heels into the water when her horse stepped into a deep hole. She was back on it in no time and just kept on going! When interviewed they were very modest about it, which was probably the greatest thing.

Kees

Last edited:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
carbine15 said:
that music. I must buy the soundtrack. NOT!

Funny thing is, that they chose the wrong track from that album (Vangelis - 1492: conquest of paradise). They chose to use the titletrack, while there is actually a track on it called Moxica and the Horse...

Another bit of useless information.... sorry...