Paypal phishers are still at it.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this one recently. :whistle:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Center Advisory!

We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to belive that your account was hijacked by a third party without your authorization. If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you.

If you are the rightful holder of the account you must click the link below and then complete all steps from the following page as we try to verify your identity.

"Click here to verify your account" <--link "defanged" by 3rd_shift!

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choise but to temporaly suspend your account.

Thank you for using PayPal! The PayPal Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people really ought to try a new hobby. :ohgeez: :ironic:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps giving them totally false details may get Police interested ?

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
They will be at it until the end of time.

Lately I've been getting a lot of eBay phishing e-mails. They look like they are sent by eBay, and maybe they are. They have subjects like "Question for item #310047931436". They ask about an item I have up for auction. My first clue that something is fishy is that I have never sold anything on eBay.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have gotten a couple Paypal fishing emails. Always forwarded them to the email listed above. The only reason I do that is cause you actually get a real response within a acceptable amount of time, usually within an hour if not less. And the site that was setup has already been taken offline by then. Impresses me to see it happen that quickly.

-C