• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Mod, replace, upgrade JIL (DD/LR/Intelli), Exolion to Seoul P4 Emitters

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay peeps, time to put new life into your JIL-CR2s, Exolions...

Thanks for vortechs and a few lab rats, I have figured out how I can provide this mod. The main challenges which lead to increased labour is the fact that 0.015" has to be removed from the back of the McR-18 reflectors and proper isolation of the led on the Flupic Emitter board. All those have been figured out now so here are the instructions. This will get VERY complicated.

*I will only be modding the new JCR LR and Intelli lights right now because they use the beautiful McR-18 reflectors that are made of metal*

Step 1:

Choose from the following options (all of the options below come with free shipping anywhere!):

Option 1: $45 - Flupic Sandwhich module /w P4 Seoul led
Option 2: $5 - Spacer ring for sandwhich module to upgrade JIL-CR2 LR series light
Option 3: $35 - Ship JIL-CR2 Intelli or Exolion to me, I mod reflector, replace led with Seoul P4
Option 4: $65 - Ship JIL LR or DD to me, I mod reflector, install Flupic module /w P4 led, and ring

Step 2:

Click On the paypal links below, depending if you pay by credit card or cash/bank transfer

Option 1 - Cash Paypal Credit Card (+3%)
Option 2 - Cash Paypal Credit Card (+3%)
Option 3 - Cash Paypal Credit Card (+3%)
Option 4 - Cash Paypal Credit Card (+3%)

*Please remember to put your JIL Serial number in the notes section for options 3 and 4

Step 3:

I will reply your e-mail if you choose Options 3 or 4 with my mailing address. I can no stress enough to declare GIFT and under $30. Otherwise, you will be responsible on the customs charged to me by the government. Also, I hope you agree that mail does get lost sometimes and there isn't very much I can do about it.

*EDIT: Sorry but i'm going away and no longer have access to a machine shop to mod reflectors. Option 3 and 4 will no longer be available but option 1 and 2 will be available for 1 more week.

Last edited:

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Mod, replace, upgrade JIL-JCR (LR/Intelli) to Seoul P4 Emitters

*Reserved for pictures, updates, whatever =D*

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

These boards will work in the exolion as well, but will require reflector mods as well.

yoyoteen

Newly Enlightened

goldserve,

thx for the great job. PM send!!

Dan C

Enlightened

Just ordered two option 1's and an option 2. Question, does it make much difference if the MrR18's are joker reflectors?

Dan C

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

To get a tighter hotspot, you need to trim off 0.015" from the bottom of the reflector. You can still use the joker reflector and you won't get any artifacts luckily =D

vortechs

Enlightened

Hi goldserve,

Does it take special equipment to trim the bottom of the reflector or could somebody do this step themselves if they happen to have a McR-18J "joker" reflector?

I assume that a non-joker McR-18 reflector would require more trimming to get a good focus than a joker Mcr-18J reflector (perhaps 0.03" for the non-joker reflector rather than 0.015" for the joker reflector).

In general I believe the TW0H LED's that JILLite (the manufacturer) uses are jokers and the TxxJ LED's are non-Jokers, but Warren/LITEmania once told me that the situation is more complicated and that JILLite basically selects the appropriate reflector for each JIL that is made, based on the LED that is used in that light.

Note that it is possible to learn if a particular JIL JCR2 light has a non-joker or joker McR-18/McR-18J reflector. I have been told that JILLite keeps a record of what LED and reflector are in each JCR2 that is produced, according to serial number.

Hopefully we will also find a reflector solution that works well for installing a Seoul P4 LED in the JIL-CR2 series (the models before the current JCR2 models). I think the JIL-CR2 series lights are still more common on CPF than the newer JCR2 series.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

:paypal: for option #3!

Will the original emitters be returned? (mine's got a UX1J)

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sure. I'll try to remember to return your original.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

vortechs,

I can't tell you how else to trim the reflectors but to get good results, you need a lathe.

I can imagine using a file but results will vary.

vortechs said:
Hi goldserve,

Does it take special equipment to trim the bottom of the reflector or could somebody do this step themselves if they happen to have a McR-18J "joker" reflector?

I assume that a non-joker McR-18 reflector would require more trimming to get a good focus than a joker Mcr-18J reflector (perhaps 0.03" for the non-joker reflector rather than 0.015" for the joker reflector).

In general I believe the TW0H LED's that JILLite (the manufacturer) uses are jokers and the TxxJ LED's are non-Jokers, but Warren/LITEmania once told me that the situation is more complicated and that JILLite basically selects the appropriate reflector for each JIL that is made, based on the LED that is used in that light.

Note that it is possible to learn if a particular JIL JCR2 light has a non-joker or joker McR-18/McR-18J reflector. I have been told that JILLite keeps a record of what LED and reflector are in each JCR2 that is produced, according to serial number.

Hopefully we will also find a reflector solution that works well for installing a Seoul P4 LED in the JIL-CR2 series (the models before the current JCR2 models). I think the JIL-CR2 series lights are still more common on CPF than the newer JCR2 series.

Dan C

Enlightened

Any progress on these GS? I haven't heard boo since I ordered two sandwiches 10 days ago..not even an acknowledgment of my order.

Dan C

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought I e-mailed your paypal account that I will send out the package. I just came back from a mini-vacation. Rest assured that I have your order. Sorry for the delay!

Dan C

Enlightened

No worries, just checking. Looking forward to breathing new life into my two JIL's. Luxeons just look so inefficient and dim to me now!

Dan C

dduane

Newly Enlightened

Pp sent for option #3.
Great mod and service. Thanks Kevin

InFlux

Enlightened

I'm a bit confused. Can I get "option 3" for my Exolion?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, the exolion would apply as well. Option three is fine.