Princeton Tec service

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
Back before Xmas, I returned two Blast lights that had simply quit working.
To date I have not recieved anything in return.
About two weeks ago, I mailed a letter inquiring, but have recieved nothing that way either.
I had returned a couple lights to them in the past, and the replacements came VERY quickly.
Is there a problem with PrincetonTec I'm not aware of?

jfong

Newly Enlightened
My PT Matrix 2 (headlamp) had a battery "spring" (bent piece of metal) that snapped. I emailed them, and they emailed me back asking for an address to send a replacement to. I asked them to send two, so I can replace both at once, and they did. Great customer service for a headlamp I paid ~$12 for.

pilot4x4

Enlightened
In my experience their customer service is poor. I had the same problem with my Matrix2 that jfond did. I contacted PT by phone and they said they'd send a replacement. 3 1/2 weeks went by and nothing came so I sent them an email. 10 days went by and no response so I called them. They said they'd send the part right away. I got a package from them about 2 weeks later and it was the wrong part! I called them and they said they'd send it out but they never did. I believe the person I was dealing with was Jay, it's been a while now but I think that was his name. I tried to speak with someone else but I was told he handles all warranty / parts issues. I've heard that some have had excellent service from them but unfortunately that wasn't the case for me. Last night the lid to the battery tray on my apex broke. I'm dreading having to go through the process of getting a replacement for it, hope it goes better than it did last time. John

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
My surge had a bad switch. I called and they had me return it, they sent me a new one within a week. It has a green sticker on it telling me to rotate the battery carrier 180degrees when not in use. That's some retarded advice if you ask me. If I need the light I don't want to have to disassemble it and reassemble it before use. It has a lockout position on the switch for a reason. I left the sticker on for posterity and it's still one of my brightest lights.

paulr

Flashaholic
They've been kind of spotty but when I've emailed them about probs they've responded reasonably quick and sent out new stuff, including some Blast lamps.

Your Blasts probably have dead bulbs--check them with an ohmmeter. If you're determined you can replace the bulb--it's a small bi-pin soldered into the little pc board. Not worth the trouble IMO.

I have a few unopened Blasts that I can sell you pretty cheap if you want. Blasts were nice little lights and I guess they still are, but these days LED lights are much more efficient.

greenLED

Flashaholic
What e-mail addy are you using? Four of my 6 e-mails in the last 1.5 months have gone unanswered. I finally called in today (no 1-800 number...). The guy on the line was very nice, but he told me the replacement part I need won't be available until 2-3 weeks from now. I guess I'll have to wait and see how things go.

The one e-mail I received a reply to was from "Jay". It wasn't a warranty/parts issue, BTW; I had a question about their new bike blinker.

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
Figured I should update this.

Never got an e-mail reply, but I got a call from somebody named Sid, he left a message wanting to know if I'd ever recieved the replacement lights.
Called him back and told him "No", this was about a week ago or so. He said he would check into it and asked if I had a tracking number or anything. I said I had just sent them regular mail, but I did tell him that one light was yellow, the other, blue, and he said he would "check into it". He called back later that day and told me they had "found" my two lights and they would put the replacements in the mail. They came the day before yesterday.
In all honesty, I suspect that they never found the lights and were just giving me the benefit of the doubt. Next time I'll make a point of sending anything like this with delivery comformation!
Either way, the lights were replaced and I'm happy about that!

Sarratt

Enlightened
I've been in contact via e-mail with a person named Eric at PrinctonTec about small cracks in my Apex.
Seems the Orange ones had this problem.
He gave me a RMA number and I sent the light back.
No news yet but its only been 2 weeks and according to Canada Post it just just be arriving in N.J. right about now.(March 23rd)
Fingers crossed and I'll let you know what happens.
:popcorn:

ps. I was advised that if I wanted to replace my orange one with a black one then it would be about a month longer. I said yes.

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
Last update(I hope) on this.

Got this in my email today:
To whom it may concern,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your e-mail. We had a
staffing issue and all of our reps have been on the road the past month.
I have been tasked with cleaning up this enormous backlog of e-mails so
please bear with me. I need to know if you situation has been resolved.
If not please reply to this e-mail and I will personally take care of
your situation. If you need a return authorization I will need to know
the type of PT light you have, the color, what is wrong with it, and
your address. If you have another issue please provide your name,
address, and your question so that I can answer it as quickly as
possible. If your situation has already been resolved please disregard
this e-mail.

If you have any other issues feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks,

Sid Gittings

(609)298-9331 ext. 108

Lightmeup

Enlightened
I returned one of their cheapo keychain lights which turned out NOT to be as waterproof as advertised. Nothing happened so after about a month I called them and got some cust svc guy, and he sent me a replacement the next day. I think they're OK, just busy/disorganized.

Danintex

Enlightened
I always call PT and Inova since they both seem to have the same issues. At any rate, service is still better than SF, no?