• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lessee -- What projects next?

Leef

Enlightened
LeefRings, LeefDapters, LeefGrips, LeefBodies, LeefClickies...hmmm...

What else would you guys like to see? Gimmee suggestions!

Leef

Enlightened
Lessee if I gott his straight: you want a light, springy, 3E compatible LeefBlower? No problem!

But seriously tho, folks, what springs are you talking about?

As for a complete light, that project is so secret I'd have to kill you before I told you...but stay tuned!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hows that 27LT Clickie body comming along ?

Maybe you could make something similar for the Mclux PD also retaining the original look and Clip.
McClicky Switch.

Benny

Ctechlite

Enlightened
How about head assemblies to fit M and C series bodies. Head assembly in my mind is
1) Bezel
2) Lense
3) O-ring or seal
4) Reflector
5) Main head portion (ie reflector housing with bezel screws into)

I like the Surefire heads, but the only problem with them is no easy way for user to replace components. For example...the reflector...if you are experimenting with different bulbs from Welch Allyn in Fivemega's bi pin to Surefire MNxx lamp adapter then you are afraid of bulb explosions ruining your $150 Surefire KTx head with no hope of repair. But if you make a head assembly with a removeable reflector we could either 1) Clean or 2) replace just the reflector. The same goes for the lense...user serviceable.

Also at the same time we could go with plain bezels, mild crenelations, wild crenelations, titanium, brass....etc you get the point...we all like our lego!

You could just design head/bezel assembly and use existing reflectors/lenses/o-rings...

Let me know if you want more ideas, I have plenty as far as this head idea goes, just not the money to fund a big project, and I do not like prepay (anymore).

dcjs

Newly Enlightened
Hi Leef,

how about an Aleph light engine/E-series-compatible head kit that accepts the McR27L-reflector? Sort of a longer Aleph 3 or PR-T head. Or 27L LeefHead maybe? :whistle:. Looking at the prices that Aleph heads go for, I somehow wonder why noone has been making these yet (I'm aware ofthe TnC McR27L head, that one isn't E-series compatible though). The Mcr27L (or the Seoul or XR-version thereof) seems to do a superb job in the lights it is offered in, and I think there are quite a few people around that would like to play lego with those.
I'm one of them. :grin2:

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
- 18650 bodies for Maglites (C and D)
- "Porcupine" style bodies (at least the grips)- I've got a Peu pineapple body and I love the "grippiness" of the body. I think a similar grip on SF C- and M-series bodies would be welcome. Perhaps the tapering of the body would be difficult, but if you could at least do the handgrip portion of the body... Not necessarily as aggressive at the L6 Porky body
- Unique crenellated bezels for M-series SF heads, M2 heads (1.63", 1.47")

jtice

Flashaholic
- 18650 bodies for Maglites (C and D) ... hmmm thats not a bad idea.
ones that accept SF clickies!

More affordable SF compatible turbo heads? (for cheap fools like me)

A side by side 18650 body?

~John

supes

Enlightened
-Different style bezel head for Mag C & D lights?
-Different style SF Exe series bodies with different grip surfaces?
-Body for Fenix CR123a CREE LED lights to accept SF Exe series tailcaps?
-TID type attachable bezels for SF bezels?

I add another vote for the bodies for the Mag C & D lights.

Rommul

Enlightened
Leef said:
LeefRings, LeefDapters, LeefGrips, LeefBodies, LeefClickies...hmmm...

What else would you guys like to see? Gimmee suggestions!

When the C-sized lithium ions hit the street I would love to see some 1c and 2c C-C bodies.

Also I would like to endorse what post #11 states.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
complete turnkey lights. Yes, good idea :)

I'm waiting for the C-size Lithium ion's as well. I'd love to build a little 1c with a tailswitch. a little Throw Monster.

Shane

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A small E-series head like the Aleph 2 or old style SF L1. Fits 20mm optics and McR18 (cut down) and McR16 reflectors.