Is this normal for a Gladius?

Ignoramus

Newly Enlightened
Hey All,

I just started to notice that there's a rattling sound in the tailcap of my Gladius. It rattles when I shake it (not hard) on all settings except for the locked position. I don't remember noticing this before, but now it's quite noticable. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Ignoramus

Newly Enlightened
Just checked my light again. The rattling sound can occur in any setting, it changes after it moves around. Definitely doesn't sound like something normal. Should I be concerned?

Ignoramus

Newly Enlightened
Just checked my light again. The rattling sound can occur in any setting, it changes after it moves around. Definitely doesn't sound like something normal. Should I be concerned? Other than this, it works fine.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you did not noticed it before than maybe it didn't rattle. So get someone(nearest dealer) to look at it or compare with another gladius owner........

Illum

Flashaholic
LA OZ said:
Yeah, and also if you listen carefully in a quiet place you will heard some high pitch electrical noise when it is on.

the inductor buzz, same with the A2 also...same with any light that possess an inductor on the circuit, I heard gladius's inductor makes the most noise:huh2:

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Gladius goes through spells of the rattle being better and worse. Also, sometimes it is quieter in one channel, then quieter in another.

The whine can be heard in mine at different brightness settings, and also depends on the state of charge of the batteries. My SureFire L2 is a lot worse. I think the loudness of the whine in any regulated light is a function not only of the electrical design, but also of the construction tolerances that ended up in any particular specimen.

Anyway, the whole rattling, loose tailcap thing seems to have given a lot of people pause. It seems to be a robust enough design, but it sure doesn't give that appearance!

Scott

Ignoramus

Newly Enlightened
I read that prior to getting my Gladius and tried briefly and half-assedly in a not-so-quite, not-so-loud room. Haven't noticed yet. Let me go check right now, hold on...

Okay I'm back (sorry for the wait). Couldn't hear a thing. Maybe it's me, but I got nothing. I placed it face down shining into my bed with my ear touching the light. I even lifted the light while holding the tailcap to see if it was on (accidentally blinded myself).