I think I lost my River Rock 2AAA, what to replace it with?

InfidelCastro

Banned
I think I lost my River Rock 2AAA while on the run to the gas station to pick up some juice. I'm very sick and there's no way I'm going back out in the -14 air temperature to look for it. I've lost the light several times before, but found it everytime, I think it might be lost for good though this time. I lazily put it in my pocket without clipping it in, you think I would have learned that lesson. Shame because it had better output than a couple others I tried.

So the specs are 2AAA batteries, pocket clip, tactical momentary twisty tailswitch, .5W LED, semi-regulated. $10 at Target.

I would like to get something similiar, but maybe a little bit brighter. Which light do you all recommend?

InfidelCastro

Banned
Never mind guys and gals, I found it on the table right next to me. I'm not really "all there" the past couple days.

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
Fenix E1 is slightly brighter, well-regulated, and runs one just 1 AAA. It's my keychain light de jour.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friend always walks around yelling "I LOST MY F-IN PHONE!!!........................... while holding it in his hand...........it happens...

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was little, my backpack was really light, so I usually carried it in my hand by the top loop. One day, it was pretty heavy, so I put it on my back. When I got to the classroom, I thought for a minute that I had forgotten my backpack at home or something.

Superglue the light to your arm. When there are too many layers of skin/glue/skin/glue/etc., just give it a little trim. :crackup:

(BTW, that was a joke. Please don't really do that.)

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
jnj1033 said:
Fenix E1 is slightly brighter, well-regulated, and runs one just 1 AAA. It's my keychain light de jour.

I had my River Rock 1AAA with me for some time until the Fenix E1 arrived,
now my brother has the River Rock and its still going strong

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go for the Streamlight Tasklight 1AA. You wont regret it. Has high / low beam all on 1 AA battery. One negative is some reason the resitance or something on the design of the circuit still drains the battery even when not in use....

TMorita

Enlightened
DaFABRICATA said:
My friend always walks around yelling "I LOST MY F-IN PHONE!!!........................... while holding it in his hand...........it happens...

At least he's not talking to you on the phone while saying it.

Toshi

adnj

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
Never mind guys and gals, I found it on the table right next to me. I'm not really "all there" the past couple days.

LOL I thought that kind of thing only happened to me! Oops, where's my mouse?!

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope you get feeling better, I was down with the flu earlier this week its no fun feeling lousy. Keep drinking a lot if you have it too.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope you feel better soon. I'm still coming back from 3 weeks of respiratory crud -- ugh!

The RR 2AAA -- that's the one with a kind of tight beam, right? I had one briefly but my wife gave it away... Not really many lights with a beam like that, if I'm thinking of the same one. I bought one to see how it would stack up as a possible replaceent for the DCed INOVA X1 spots.