LumaHunter M1 and Huntlight FT01PJ XR-E what is the difference...?

RMorton

Newly Enlightened
What is the beam difference between the LumaHunter M1 and Huntlight FT01PJ XR-E?

What is the difference in the total amount of light output on high on these 2?

What about regulation on the Huntlight? I know the M1 is regulated.

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
The M1 is terrific, I just picked one up and it just rips. Great smooth beam and nice hotspot. Can't comment on the Huntlight as I do not have one.

The only thing that bugs me about the M1 is that it is too much of a design copy of SF. I wish they had made some simple outside changes to differentiate it as I do not approve of direct design rip offs from the East of which there are far too many...this one is a little too close for comfort IMO.

S

Shinta

Hi akromat,
Thank you for introducing my blog ;-)

With above page, that 1st picture is not M1's but HuntLight FT-01 XSE (Luxeion III U-Bin)'s. I edited the page to correct picture's title.

I took another pictures that compares below:
SUREFIRE G2 NITRON (P60 + SF123 x 2)
SUREFIRE U2 Max (AW's RCR123 3.0v x 2)
LumaPower M1 XR-E High (OP Type Ref. + 18650)
LumaPower D-Mini (RCR123 3.6V)
HuntLight FT01XSE XR-E Max mode (18650)

Sorry for writing my blog in Japanese
c.f.
http://shinta3.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/14/

Shinta

Last edited by a moderator:

RMorton

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the links.

I'm new here and I'm looking to start getting good quaility lights. I just could not decide on these 2 lights. I will be ordering the L2D CE soon. But I was wanting something that has more throw but still has a little flood which seemed like it would be the M1 or the Huntlight. From the pics it looks like the Huntlight does not have as much flood as the M1.

Is my thinking correct?
L2D CE - More flood less throw
M1 - More throw with some Flood

Right now I'm leaning toward getting the M1.

Thanks for the input.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Hmmm, depends on what flood aspects matter most to you - spill beam width, or spill beam intensity? The M1 looks to have a wider spill beam, but I suspect the L2D CE's spill area will still be brighter. Thus the L2DCE could indeed be relatively more evenly "floody", but not over as wide an area as the M1 (which has a different profile of brighter center hotspot throw, with wider but dimmer spill area?).

I don't have these two lights yet (L2DCE is in the mail, debating on the M1 as well), but I do have the D-mini and P1DCE. Based on my experience there, the throw difference is quite noticeable - but the P1DCE is certainly no slouch in that regard. Also, overall output is slightly higher on the P1DCE - it has a similar size spill beam to the D-mini, but P1D CE spill is much brighter. The L2DCE should be pretty close to the P1DCE in beam characteristics.

If you are looking for more throw, the M1 sounds like your best choice. According to reports here, it seems pretty close to the D-mini, whereas the Huntlight seems closer to the Fenix P1DCE (in terms of throw, that is).

In any case, The M1 sounds like a real winner - but you might find the L2DCE quite acceptable.

luchs

Newly Enlightened
on the linked site, the M1 was measured with 3120 / 4150 lux/m²
but the huntlight with only 2040 lux/² on level 1. ????????:huh2:

is the M1 brighter than the huntlight cree??
on the pictures the colour of the huntlight semms to be more greenish than the M1.

and what about the new reflectors for the huntlight?
i would like a wide spill beam - no throw.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
luchs said:
i would like a wide spill beam - no throw.

'No throw'? The M1 has about the most throw you can get out of an LED light.

Something like an L4 would be what I consider to be a flood light with minimalo throw. The M1 has about 14 TIMES as much throw as the L4.

sigh.gif

The Huntling has impressive throw as well, but is less throw-oriented than the M1. I guess the Huntlight with the OP reflector would have the least throw, but is still quite throw-oriented, but with very good spill as well.

Latest posts