Imagine my disappointment....

theslippyslug

Enlightened
...ok, so i walk the dog twice a day. In a morning just before seven and in an evening at about six.

When I got up this morning it was light when it used to be pitch black... WHAT!? no flashlight required....?
rant.gif
AAAAAAA
rant.gif
AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!
rant.gif

On the way home from work tonight I'm noticing it still light too, so pretty soon the evening walk will also be 'sans flashlight'...

I suppose it does mean I can get the YamR6 out again, but since finding flashaholicism I learned to love winter in the UK...

mad.gif

arty

Enlightened
It could be worse. My wife walked the dog and was attacked by a monster dog that knocked her down and bit her on the calf.

A little light isn't all that bad!

cutlerylover

Banned
Fluffster said:
It's not fun being a flashoholic in the summer in Iceland! 3 months without any darkness at all...oh well, it's a nice time to take pictures.

Maybe I am wrong but doesn't somewhere have like 5 motnhs of darness too...the south pole maybe? I forgot where but I know somewhere it happens every year...Hmmmm now I will have to look it up...

EDIT: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAA found this online...

"Some scientists actually live on Antarctica for part of the year to conduct their research. Very few scientists stay there more than six months at a time. The sun rises and sets only once a year at the south pole, which means there are six months of daylight, followed by six months of darkness. During the winter when there is no sun, the Antarctic becomes an even more hostile place to be - colder than cold, BONE-CHILLING cold, and no daylight. Can you imagine living in darkness 24 hours a day? That would almost be like living out in space! Hey....."

Last edited:

FatTony

Newly Enlightened
ukmidnite said:
I suppose it does mean I can get the YamR6 out again, but since finding flashaholicism I learned to love winter in the UK...

mad.gif

Take up a bit of Urbex and head underground :D There is plenty to explore in the UK. What area are you from?

theslippyslug

Enlightened
....I find myself waiting for darkness to fall before going out tonight...

there are no street lights here and I always light up the same house on the way down the street...
they must have been elated when the SSC equipped Striker arrived.... hee hee! :grin2:

oregon

Enlightened
Too much daylight, no problem.

Employ a UV light to join with your dog who is looking for the next urine marker. Walk in your dog's "shoes" for a change.

Turn a dog walk into competition with man's best buddy.

Please keep us informed: how much is out there, where it is found and how your dog reacts to your finds.

http://www.google.com/base/a/1321473/D9136204800617242652

oregon