OPENING THE SUREFIRE TURBOHEAD

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOW THE HECK DO YOU DO IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I want to do a 3 or 4 Seoul P4 emitter mod to my M3T and need to open the bezel
If ANYONE knows how please share the secret.

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to use a heatgun to loosen the bezel/threadlock on my KT. Carefull though, I almost melted my bezel because I wasn't paying attention. The non-CB should have a similar bezel as the KT. I also made a bezel tool that was basically a piece of aluminum bar notched to fit in the spaces of the bezel.

-DF

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK...NO LUCK
I made a tool out of aluminum bar stock(fits perfectly in the recessed area) and heated it up with a heat gun and still can't get it!
I have the flat (non-crenalated) bezel.
Any more ideas?
Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mad1

Enlightened
Heating it up should be working.

Are you unscewing it the right way? Left to loosen right to tighten.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah. Still nothin'
I'm gonna modify my tool to sit into ALL 6 of the recesed areas instead of just two and will ad a bigger handle for leverage.
I think I'll also make a vise mount for the base of the turbo head to sit in, so that both hands are free to work.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Worth a try, I opend my Barbolight this way:

I took a piece of hard wood and bored a hole slightly larger than the head of the light completly through the wood. Then I cutted the wood into 2 pieces. To protect the head, a piece (one layer) of bicycle inner tube around the head and then the two pieces of wood. This way I could put the light into my vise, head downside.
I took an old leather belt and a vise-grip and twisted the body, while heating the thread with a hairdryer.
The vise-grip was gripped only to the belt, so the belt had contact to the body-tube, not the vise-grip.

Perhaps this helps. I wish you good luck.

Best regards

_____
Tom