Best led flashlight for AA batteries?

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
What is the best led flashlight suitable for AA batteries, for around $30 ?
help.gif

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
That really depends on your preferences, small, big, long throw, floody, bright or long runtime, water resistance, metal, plastic etc etc etc.

A small light for around 30USD, the Rexlight seems to be a very good choice, be aware though that it's not out yet and no one has tested it yet.
http://www.kaidomain.com/rexlight/

Another AA-light that can't get enough praise around these forums are the Streamlight Propoly 4AA Luxeon. Check it out.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/streamlight_propolyluxeon.htm

If you give us something more to go on, on what your needs are, I think we'll be able to help you more.

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
Wishes are:

long runtime (if possible...)
for only one AA battery.
nice & powerfull beam.
full metal body.
suitable to attach a lanyarn.
strobe....(not necessary).

Thanks.
wink2.gif

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flymo, for 30$ the Fenix L1P is a good light. When I read "the best" I have problems, because it exists a lot of good lights and if a light is the best, can only decide the customer who owns multiple lights for his purposes.

You can get brighter lights with more features than the L1P, but not for 30$.

Best regards

____
Tom

fineday

Newly Enlightened
I have C-LE and think that's a wonderful light. Only twisty... after all I don't mind about twisty or clicky. lol

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
The Jetbeam C-LE is not available any more, maybe later....... and what is the price than...if available ?The Jetbeam MKII begins with $67.95
icon9.gif

sniper

Enlightened
Inova X-something. ~$20 at Target, 1 AA, long runtime, and all the other stuff you mentioned.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
sniper said:
Inova X-something. ~$20 at Target, 1 AA, long runtime, and all the other stuff you mentioned, except strobe.

Not very bright though? And doesnt it have an extrem spot for a beam with no sidespill at all, like looking through a tube?

paulr

Flashaholic
I think you should increase your budget and get an L1D-CE which is about $55. The CE led is around 2x as efficient as a Luxeon, and the light has the strobe you want, though I find the feature useless; it also has multiple levels letting you trade off between intensity and long battery life.

prof

Enlightened
Lobo said:
Not very bright though? And doesnt it have an extrem spot for a beam with no sidespill at all, like looking through a tube?

That's the original X1, the new one has a reflector rather than optics--much more spill You might check the review on flashlightreviews.com. However, it does use a 5mm led, so not as bright as some others.

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
paulr said:
I think you should increase your budget and get an L1D-CE which is about $55. The CE led is around 2x as efficient as a Luxeon, and the light has the strobe you want, though I find the feature useless; it also has multiple levels letting you trade off between intensity and long battery life.

+1 for the Fenix L1D-CE. This light meets all your requirements. Although it is over your budget, if you buy it, it will end your quest (at least until your requirements change :grin2: )

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bomo said:
+1 for the Fenix L1D-CE. This light meets all your requirements. Although it is over your budget, if you buy it, it will end your quest (at least until your requirements change
grinser2.gif
)
paulr said:

Well, so is the Rexlight and Jetbeam CLE(no strobe though?) also. But I agree, depending how good the Rexlight will actually be, the Fenixs seems more tempting.

prof said:
That's the original X1, the new one has a reflector rather than optics--much more spill You might check the review on flashlightreviews.com. However, it does use a 5mm led, so not as bright as some others.

Ah, sorry, my bad. I forgot about the new version. Inova should really put some more thought in naming and renaming their lights.

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everybody, :goodjob: and I think the Rexlight or the Jetbeam C-LE (when it is available......), will be a good choice.
Its easy to spend more money than I want, but I don't want to spend more than that. :lolsign:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking FENIX 1LP L2P CE etc . That Rexlight looks very interesting. From what I hear the Jetbeam is among the brightest AA lights available.

The Civictor single AA is IMHO suitable for keychain carry.

I'd say get a FENIX:sold:

Latest posts