i think something is wrong with my freinds A2

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well i just got this A2 in a trade with another cpfer, and i sold it the same day. while the light worked just fine while i was playing with it. then my freind came over to buy it, and he was about to leave when suddenly the High beam wont work:rant:. it was VERY imberessing, i was going through every part of the light and it would not work, batts, tailcap, to no avile. then i took off the head and found out that i could not get the MA02 bulb out, it was stuck. finally after trying and trying i finally got the bulb out. i checked and the bulb was ok, then i wiped down the contact around the bulb with alchohol wipes. then i put the bulb back in and it worked again. so what is wrong with this light?

thanks!

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dirty contact, you said so yourself. When I first got my A2, the LED's would flicker unless I screwed the head on very tight, so that the hex bezel didn't line up with the pocket clip quite right. This bugged me so I took the head off, made sure the ring for the contact was in good shape and since then all is well.

greenLED

Flashaholic
yup - A2's can be finicky if the contacts are dirty. That, or when your batteries are getting low.

Valpo, how old is your A2? I remember that problem of the clip not being seated completely down from a while back.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
Valpo, how old is your A2? I remember that problem of the clip not being seated completely down from a while back.

It's about a month old. Must've been someone else's clip problem. My clip's okay, but I was having to turn the head onto the body to the point where the flat part of the hex head wasn't matched to the flat part of the clip.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
so will it make a differnce that the pocket clip is VERY tight? i may tell him to try and push it down a bit.

Funny story, while we were walking out to his truck i asked him to go get his beloved twin task. so he came back with it and we did a little comparison, shinning down in the snow you could see EVERY artafact in the twin task beam, then we tried the A2 and it was silky smooth. then we trie da "long range" test his twin task could not even reach some trees acroos the street, wich the A2 lit them up. then i showed him i could light up a house about 120 yards away. he was blown away:grin2:. i think he is officailly converted:).

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
no, the clip doesn't have anything to do with it, at least on mine. I was simply using the clip as a "landmark" to indicate that I had to overtighten the head to keep the LED's from flickering, at least until I cleaned the contact.