M3 vs L2D-CE ? Which one are you buying?

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
I was on the Fenix site a couple of days ago and almost pushed the buy button for a new L2D-CE. I'm glad I waited. After having recently received my new M1 and Mini-D I'm so impressed with the fit, finish, quality, and bright white (no green) tint of these lights I have decided to wait and purchase the new M3 when it is released. The other deciding factor is the fact that you can get the M3 as a complete kit with 1, and 2 AA bodies plus a 123A tube. Think of how much cash that will save over a fenix when you have to buy all the other bodies and bits and pieces.
Ricky, more money is coming your way! Thanks for making a nice product and being savy enough to put a reasonable priced kit together for us LED Cree junkies! See you after vacation!!!:sold:

Heli

coppertrail

Enlightened
I love the L2D CE, but the M3 looks like a real winner with its versatility. I really like the Jetbeam MKII and it's extra tubes (2AA and CR123A), which the M3 has as well.

The MKIIx will work with the MKII 2AA and CR123A tubes, although the CR123A tube will require a spacer when used with the MKIIx.

Just when I thought I was done buying lights for a while, looks like I'm going to have to look into an M3 :)

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I'm going crazy, absolutely BONKERS! Another cree AA-light that looks really promising! I have decided it's time for me to get a small dual or multistage cree, and since I'm a student, I cant get em all and have to be rather picky with my money. But there are so many freakin options now!:rant: :grin2:

Fenix LxD, Liteflux LF3 and now M3!

Where can I find more info about the M3? Please tell me it has a sane UI(or rather the lack of an UI, lights should go click on, click off).

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Monolith said:
It's whatever UI you want:

LumaPower M3

heliyardsale,

many here share your feelings! Lumapower has been coming on strong.

and Monolith,

thanks for posting the link to the M3 thread, I started it to collect all the info. I (with the help of many other CPF's, of course) we have on the M3.

Lumapower promised to start an M3 manufacturers' thread, and once that is up and running (it is not, yet) you can order the M3. The Chinese New Year is a big holiday for them, though, so we could be facing a delay.

Also wanted to add that, money issues aside, both Lumapower and Fenix made very good products. If you already have the L1D CE, 2xAA tubes are supposedly coming out--maybe even fairly soon. So that too can be an option covering many bases.

ruralott

Newly Enlightened
I bought L2D-CE because I really want a 2xAA light and save >$20 to add an AAA light to my collection.

BMRSEB

Enlightened
With all their new releases and product updates, LumaPower really needs a Manufacturers Corner.. :)

I know I'm pretty new here and have very little clout ... but judging by the activity and responses/replies/posts, etc., that their (LumaPower) threads get, I think it would greatly streamline their product offerings and make it easier to see what's new and or updated.

Humbly Yours,

BMRSEB..:grin2:

coppertrail

Enlightened
Flashy -

Will we be ordering directly from Lumapower when this new thread is started? I'm in for one . . .

That's great news about Fenix supposedly offering a 2AA extension tube for the L1D CE.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
BMRSEB said:
With all their new releases and product updates, LumaPower really needs a Manufacturers Corner.. :)

I know I'm pretty new here and have very little clout ... but judging by the activity and responses/replies/posts, etc., that their (LumaPower) threads get, I think it would greatly streamline their product offerings and make it easier to see what's new and or updated.

Humbly Yours,

BMRSEB..:grin2:

Very good point. I'm guessing that the Lumapower team have their hands full of actually making very good lights, but it looks a bit amateurish for an outsider to go to their webpage and se that their productinfo are nothing but links to threads on CPF. But I'm guessing that they are selling enough lights as it is. :)

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
coppertrail said:
Flashy -

Will we be ordering directly from Lumapower when this new thread is started? I'm in for one . . .

That's great news about Fenix supposedly offering a 2AA extension tube for the L1D CE.

LUmapower has been receiving direct orders via Paypal and shipping from Hong Kong. However, they also have 1-2 dealers listed on their website that serve the US market, and others for some other markets. So they are also possible sources of Lumapower flashlights.

Now, with the Chinese New Year, Lumapower has said that it is basically shutting down for 2 weeks, but the dealers can continue to send product. from their inventory. Plus, the M1 supply is already exhausted in Hong Kong! (so only source for that right now is the dealer inventory).

For the M3, I have noticed that it is mentioned in one of the dealers' "header" lines, but without an actual order link for the M3. I think it has not yet shipped from anywhere to anywhere.

Just keep an eye out for the manufacturers' threads for when Lumapower starts the M3 thread, or this thread (I or someone will cross-link once the info. is available).

Jadepp

Newly Enlightened
Hi, this is my first post. After combing thru all the reviews, beamshots and opinions, I ordered a P2d-ce last night. The UI is what sold me on this. I was looking for a replacement flashlight for work. The P2d-ce seems to have all the features I needed. Big thanks to all you knowlegeable folks. You guys are great!!!

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going for the LumaPower M3. I have been impressed with the build quality of LumaPower lights, and their reflectors are some of the nicest that I have seen. The multiple body configuration is a winner, and I like the HAIII option.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Lobo said:
Man, I'm going crazy, absolutely BONKERS! Another cree AA-light that looks really promising! I have decided it's time for me to get a small dual or multistage cree, and since I'm a student, I cant get em all and have to be rather picky with my money. But there are so many freakin options now!:rant: :grin2:

Fenix LxD, Liteflux LF3 and now M3!

Where can I find more info about the M3? Please tell me it has a sane UI(or rather the lack of an UI, lights should go click on, click off).

looks like theres another Swedish student out there that are in the same situation as me!

CSN räcker inte långt med våran hobby....

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashSpyJ said:
looks like theres another Swedish student out there that are in the same situation as me!

CSN räcker inte långt med våran hobby....

Så sant, så sant. Iofs så har jag inte lagt ner direkt mycket pengar än. :)