Tape switch for Maxfire LX

B

benzo

Hi guys,
Need some help. Is there any tape switch that would work with the Brinkman Maxfire LX? Thanks.

B

benzo

I have a cree drop-in on the way and I want to try mounting it on my rifle :)

Illum

Flashaholic
I dont think theres a tape switch specifically for the LX...but I suppose you can mod one in.

sounds like your planning to use the LX as a weapon light

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this a toy rifle, paintball gun, air rifle, or lower powered rifle?
I'm not sure that light can accommodate the recoil from a higher powered rifle.

benzo said:
Yep... it's going on a rifle

B

benzo

It's actually already on my Remington 700. Mounted it the day I bought it at walmart. It has handled the recoil so far. I figure the cree drop in will work even better in this regard. Just need to find a tape switch :whistle:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I'm a little dense and I'm certainly not terribly knowledgeable about guns, but the only Remington 700 that comes to mind is a bolt action rifle (as in 700 BDL). I'm trying to picture how one might use a compact flashlight (e.g. 2xCR123) with a rifle that is normally used at ranges that far exceed the capability of the light.

But all of that aside, I think you're just going to have to adapt one up on your own to fit that light. That light is a low cost light that was never intended for use as a weapons light.

benzo said:
It's actually already on my Remington 700. Mounted it the day I bought it at walmart. It has handled the recoil so far. I figure the cree drop in will work even better in this regard. Just need to find a tape switch :whistle:

Mikeg23

Enlightened
The Maxfire is about the same size as a Surefire G2 right? Are the tailcaps interchangable?

If so then there are tons of tape switchs that fit the G2.

aml

Newly Enlightened
Mikeg23 said:
The Maxfire is about the same size as a Surefire G2 right? Are the tailcaps interchangable?

If so then there are tons of tape switchs that fit the G2.

No, they are not. just checked.

B

benzo

Brighteyez, the 700 is a bolt action. I realize the rifle's range far exceeds the light's range but I'm not using it for hunting. It was a gift given by my dad which really does not see much use. I figure I might as well equip it for home defence. It's not my primary weapon, I have a glock and a shotgun (they both have dedicated lights on them already) but as it's there and there's a perfectly good light around, I couldn't see any reason not to try to put them together.

I was hoping to be able to just buy a cheap tape swith that can go with the maxfire, I already got a cheap mount rigged up. Don't want to spend too much money on something that's likely not ever gonna be used. Thanks for all the responses. aml, thanks for checking the G2 compatibility, that was what I was counting on. Looks like I'm going to have to try to mod something up.

Latest posts