Is my Fenix P1 dead?

Pirow

Newly Enlightened
I received a 2nd hand Fenix P1 as a gift in the mail today unfortunately I can't get it to work and I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious since it's such a simple little light :rolleyes:

I've tried the both SF and battery station cells, both ways round and so far I've not had any light :awman:

Is the little fellow dead? If so has anybody had any experience with Fenix's customer service or know anything about their warranty and whether or not I'll be covered?

David

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you tried them in the wrong way around it's fairly certain that it's dead now. Most LED lights can't handle having the cells put in the wrong way.
Check the batterystation cell has a decent amount of power,clean the contacts, put it in with the + end facing out and visable. Screw the top down. If you get no light, chances are it's bust. The Surefire cells sometimes don't work in the P1 because the extra plastic 'washer' at the bottom holds it too far from the contact at the bottom of the case.
The Fenix guarentee is pretty good but you would need to send it either direct to Fenix in to Asia or to the dealer it came from. If it came from fenix-store.com chances are that, if it's not been abused, 4sevens ( the owner ) would send you a new one in the mail. ( But don't quote me on that.) There are no dealers in the UK that I know of. If you feel you can't be botherd to do this and you would trust me, bung it in an envelope and send it down to me in Berkshire. I have some spare 3watt LED's and some knowlege of fitting them. I'll see if I can get it working and post it back. No charge. Send me a PM (personel message ) for my address if you want to go this route but remember that it would void the warrenty.

Pirow

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I was hoping that wouldn't have been the case:awman:

I tried 2 different battery station cells, both are only a month or so old and have never been used so they should be fine, the SF cells were out of my SF G2 so they weren't fully charged, but with the little experience I've had with LED lights I've learnt that they can be rather fussy when it comes to batteries.

I contacted Fenixlight.com via email, but they're on holiday from today until the 24th so I'll have to wait and see what they say :(

I may take you up on your offer if you don't mind, but I'll wait until I hear back from Fenix about it :)

Cheers

David

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a non working P1 too a few weeks back. I cleaned all the contacts and threads and afterwards it worked again. So if you haven´t already cleaned it you should do so, it might help.

Eric