worried about yet bought P1Dce ... weirdly so

Sarratt

Enlightened
Ok so I've ordered my P1D ce from J2Leds and intellectually I know I'll be getting a lovely flashlight.
But .... all i can keep thinking of is horrible green tint, wonky bezels, and other complaints. I've read a dozen threads of unhappy customers and this is now scaring me.
I don't seem to be able to enjoy this 3 days of anticipation.
I'm getting it on Sunday night

HELP ?

Could some P1Dce owner post and tell me what a great light it is and how I will not regret the $100.
I need a confidence boost.

M

ps ---- no downers telling me how much better your light is k ?

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I felt the way you do right now when i ordered my CR2 Ion. Hope it works out for you.

TorchMan

Enlightened
I'm not an owner of them. However, my friends purchased two of these from The Fenix Store at my suggestion. One is HA Nat, the other black. Both had excellent tint, and we compared them to quite a few in my collection. The fit and finish was good on both as well.

My friends use them often, and have had no compliants, other than to wish the low setting would go as dim as my Gladius or VB-16s. I found no flaws in using them when they brought them by.

I own a Surefire U2. There are tons of complaints here about tint, donut holes and clickie switches on this light. Mine is a great tint, clickie has never failed and donut hole is mild in my opinion.

There is always some luck involved in a purchase, be it Surefire or Fenix or Mag, etc. Same with many other products, from electronics to automobiles, clothes to tools, etc.

I wish you luck on the light. Waiting is hard, the fear of the unknown. You'll probably be alright, if not the seller should take care of you. We do not have on/off buttons for nerves, anxiety, etc, but try not to think about it that much, or if you do just think positive. This thread might be a step in that direction, you seek reassurance, and there are many satisfied owners of that light here.

mchlwise

Enlightened
Group hug! :grouphug:

What you're going through is normal. It's called "buyers remorse."

We all have a tendency, after buying something, to second guess ourselves and our purchase. Before making the actual purchase, we anticipate and get excited. Actually making the purchase can be something of an adrenaline rush. Then, once the purchase is made, the rush fades and we "crash", feeling like we made a mistake, that we shouldn't have done that, etc. etc.

Of course, the more expensive the purchase the more the doubt and remorse.

The fact that you have bought something without actually handling it, and have to wait days for your purchase to arrive only gives you that much more time to worry and fret and beat yourself up with doubt.

So... don't worry about it. :laughing:

Remember why you decided to purchase it, the things that you liked about it and the good things you're hoping for. Hope for the best.

I don't have a P1DCE, but the L1DCE I bought on Monday just arrived today. It was all I hoped it would be! :rock:

Good luck with the wait. :popcorn:

addictedmatt

Enlightened
I got mine today, and I love it! It seems very well built, and it's tiny. It's brighter than my t3 and seems to throw as far. My favorite light! So far...

lightbug

Enlightened
Hi Sarratt,
P1d CE is one of the smallest CR123A EDC light, it might not be the brightest single cell CR123 cree light out there, but it is still very bright and small enough for EDC. The chances are you going to like it after you try it out. In the worst case, you can always give it out as present. :)

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I've had mine for about 10 days now. It's exactly as advertised. It has natural color anodizing. It doesn't have a bit of the rumored thread slop. The anodizing is perfect and feels very solid. It's very bright and has some of the dark ring effect in the beam but this doesn't bother me a bit. In real world use, the rings have no effect. I'm planning on mounting it on my bike helmet this spring.

I'm sure you won't regret your purchase. Get some rechargeables to save money in the long term.

The problem I now have is with the Luxeon-based lights I've bought before this one. They positively suck in the brightness department. I'll be giving away many of them to friends and family.

jayke

Newly Enlightened
I have one. The tint is perfect white. The head does have some play though. When it is close to being twisted on, maybe one full twist from the starting level I can pull down on the head to turn it on. It could almost be cosidered a momentary option. No worries though! It is definitely a great light and the amount of power and throw for it's size is really unbeatable. Plus the runtime is great!

LightScene

Enlightened
The P1D-CE is one of the flashlights that is most likely to be a satisfying purchase. It really doesn't have any competition when you consider cost, size, weight, power, run times, beauty, and multi-level output.

The L0D-CE is also very likely to be a satisfying purchase because of it's power to size ratio.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Funny, I just got off the email to David at Torchworld with a similar story. I bought one of the very first P1D-CEs, and basically this 1st batch was a complete dog as far as QC was concerned (loose bezel, off centre LED, tint, beam etc). However I just got the L1D-CE and L2D-CE and the quality of these torches is magnificent. David assures me that the later batches of P1D-CEs are up to this similar high standard. I think you have nothing to worry about, and hope I don't either, since I ordered another one.

Chao

Enlightened
I have had P1D CE for a month now, it's a good light, nice output and functions, just don't like the twist switch, not easy to change light levels with one hand, I then got L1D CE, it's usefull than P1D CE.

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
I'm very happy with mine. Those are two rubber washers I put on for grip and leverage, making it much easier to use. Keeping the threads clean and lubed helps.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the L1D-ce just yesterday and loved it so much I ordered the LOD-ce today. I can`t imagine how bright the P1d-ce must be...I hope they make a 123 body for my L1D so I can find out for myself. These new lights are incredible...would have expected to pay way more for this type of performance. You will prbably want to add the LOD-ce to your list...can`t wait to get mine. If for any reason you are disapointed with the light...can`t you return it...order a differant one/type? Or do what I do...enjoy it for a while...keep it in good shape...put it back in the package and gift it to someone for a birthday/Christmass present.

Last edited:

Chao

Enlightened
stonehold said:
I'm very happy with mine. Those are two rubber washers I put on for grip and leverage, making it much easier to use. Keeping the threads clean and lubed helps.

Thanks, good idea!

Libbs

Newly Enlightened
the P1D CE just simply owns for what it is, a very small keychain light (or at least the way I see it)

I don't regret buying mine at all...
sure, it has some flaws but what light doesnt? It's very small to hold with 1 hand, if it's attached to a keyring its much easier to hold it..then there's twistie thats not necessarely as easy as a clicky to use but if your threads are clean and lubes like stonehold said, it works wonders...

it's not a light meant to replace 5-6 inches lights, it's a pocket light...and it is awesome at that! it's on my keychain and it's so small I can barely notice it's there...when I turn it on people go : Whoa! that's hella bright!

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
mchlwise said:
Group hug! :grouphug:

What you're going through is normal. It's called "buyers remorse."

We all have a tendency, after buying something, to second guess ourselves and our purchase. Before making the actual purchase, we anticipate and get excited. Actually making the purchase can be something of an adrenaline rush. Then, once the purchase is made, the rush fades and we "crash", feeling like we made a mistake, that we shouldn't have done that, etc. etc.

Of course, the more expensive the purchase the more the doubt and remorse.

The fact that you have bought something without actually handling it, and have to wait days for your purchase to arrive only gives you that much more time to worry and fret and beat yourself up with doubt.

So... don't worry about it. :laughing:

Remember why you decided to purchase it, the things that you liked about it and the good things you're hoping for. Hope for the best.

I don't have a P1DCE, but the L1DCE I bought on Monday just arrived today. It was all I hoped it would be! :rock:

Good luck with the wait. :popcorn:
This is true. But to balance this, we have Cognitive Dissonance, which says something like: "My beat-up 7 year old Ford is really the best car I ever owned..." They cancel out. Life is a zero-sum game.

Newuser01

Enlightened
I love it!!!!

That is the short answer.

Who cares what whitewall hunters, ring bearers, twisters, tint complainers........etc. etc. SAID!!:laughing::laughing:

If this forum did not post these littlest complaints from other users, I/you would have never found out there are issues.
Let say, I went out and bought it over the counter, this little thing put out so much lights and so little - I say give me more!!

$70 IS abit steep, BUT.............

I'll never give up my P1D-CE. Where can you find this much light coming out of 1 inch flashlight for this price?

Add RCR solution to this and you get free lumens....:naughty:

Now beat that!

Muhuahuahua!!!!!!!!!!