Microfire 35W HID and Compact 10W HID

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have some info about these?

OpticsHQ mentioned something like that was on the drawing board.
Im going for the 35W for sure.

:D

Benny

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that would be my preference too,but i doubt it.

And if it could be aprox same size as the Helios that would be cool too.

Benny

NAW

Enlightened
All these new lights are makeing me think my AE is a part of the stone age. :laughing:

02Scuba

Banned
The Microfire 35W is a great light. More light than you will ever need in the size of 2D Mag. The only problem I have with it is that it heats up very quickly. In 15 Minutes the fun of all that light is negated by the fact that you have to keep switching the light from hand to hand. I'd also like to see a good 60 minutes of burn time. Mine is done right around 45 minutes. I'm told that Microfire is working on both of these issues.

I'd take a hard look at the AE-24 Shorty. With the upgraded battery you get a solid hour of burn time. At just over 13 inches it's 3D Mag in length but close to two inches in diameter. It gets warm after an hour but its not going to melt your car seats like my Microfire did. Expensive and dumb move on my part.

Light wise they both put out a lot of light. The Microfire has an adjustable beam - Long through or bright flood. The AE is not adjustable or I just have not figured out how to adjust it. But the way it is set right now is for long through. You still get enough spill to see everything on each side for a good 15 feet as you walk along a trail. Again, they both put out a tramendous amount of light.

The Microfire is very cool looking, compact and adjustable. If you can deal with the way it heats up I'd say that's your light. But if your gonna be using the light for anywhere from 20-25 minutes at a time, I think you would be happier with the AE. Good luck and have fun

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm...

Im curious to know how you got a light which havent been made yet :D
I thought these were in the prototype stage..

Benny

vandrecken

Newly Enlightened
But my K2000 (24w) doesn't get anywhere near hot enough to melt anything at 20 minutes runtime (on rechargeable pack or primary 123's. The vented bezel gets just nice to keep your hand warm in cold weather. Maybe there is a 35w out there.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Benny,

Was it mentioned if the 35w would be a lot bigger that the 24w K2000R?

John

petersmith6

Enlightened
and can we have some decent run time 60 to 90 min is rubish.i want 4 hours min per battry

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it will be bigger,

The ballast for 35W HID`s are known to take up a bit more room.
I cannot say anything more as i dont know yet.

Im hoping they can keep it in the size range og the Helios or even smaller.
As long as they keep the startuptime and runtime aprox the same as the K2000R im a happy camper.

Benny
john2551 said:
Benny,

Was it mentioned if the 35w would be a lot bigger that the 24w K2000R?

John