Brightest flashlight on AA batteries?

magnum70383

Enlightened
Hey all,

Sure this topic was raised, but just didn't seem to find a thread on it. Just want to get your opinion on which flashlight in the market is the brightest now that uses AA batteries.
I'm sure one of them is the Fenix L2D CE which cranks out 135 lumens. Any other?
Thanks

adnj

Enlightened
You're gonna get jumped on all over for that question. :)

I'm guessing that someone is going to ask if you mean with 2xAA or if run time matters. Alkaline, lithium, rechargeable batteries. Good luck.

magnum70383

Enlightened
adnj said:
You're gonna get jumped on all over for that question. :)

I'm guessing that someone is going to ask if you mean with 2xAA or if run time matters. Alkaline, lithium, rechargeable batteries. Good luck.

ok sorry guys. ALRIGHT, 2xAA batteries. run time doesn't matter. ANY TYPE OF AA BATTERY. LOL. just brightest flashlight that runs on AA batteries.. HAHAA..

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elektrolumens has also made a 2AA cree, should be plenty bright.

I miss FLR, we need lux readings! :)

Focal

Newly Enlightened
The word is, that the new Lumapower M3 will be running 380mA, which will translate to around the 80-90 lumen mark.

I believe the MKII-X is spitting out 150 lumen. :)

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Focal said:
The word is, that the new Lumapower M3 will be running 380mA, which will translate to around the 80-90 lumen mark.

I believe the MKII-X is spitting out 150 lumen. :)

But that's on rechargable 14500s. Does it have the samme performance on 2AAs?

Gaffle

Enlightened
DeCree

I know it isn't AA, but check out the stats and size of this thing. I would really like this light. He also has AA Cree lights. I would like to see the regulation graph though. I mean, some of those Fenix lights have crazy flat regulation. Hard to beat line that flat.

Or, check out the "L3 Little Friend". It states 216 lumens on 4AA. Don't know about the regulation.

Light output is doubling with the Cree and Seoul LEDs. If you cannot find what you want it is a good time to wait!

That's a had question. Anyone can compare the claimed lumen from paper easily. I would expect reputable manufacturers to set the lumen rating such that they can guarantee with 90% or better confidence that ouput is no less than one standard deviation away from the claimed lumen.

They can cherry pick a favorable ones for reviews and spec writing, but they're in real trouble when their production run has to meet certain normal distribution specs.