E1E/P1/P4

700club

Newly Enlightened
I am sure you guys remember Energies thread about stuffing a Fenix P1 head in a Surefire E1e. Well today I took it a step futher and installed a Seoul U bin emitter from PhotonFanatic. You'd better put your seatbelt on for this one. LMAO

Surefire E2e

e1ep1p4new013ou2.jpg

E1e/P1/P4

e1ep1p4new016wn0.jpg

Object is about 30 feet away and no .030 spacer needed for this mod.

Kabible

Enlightened
OH MY HECK!!!!!!! I like it alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need more details!!!!
I want to do something like that to my E2e head. I'm currently using a McGizmo PR 917 head on a E2e body with a McE2s 2-speed switch at work.
Please tell me more.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet Jumpin' Jesus Lizards! :drool:
I've got one of those Seoul in my A1(see sigline) and its more of a defined spot inside a flood.
I really like the smooth look of your beam, no overwhelming spot. What reflector are you using? Can we see the business end?

700club

Newly Enlightened
It is a Fenix P1 reflector.

e1ep1p4066nk2.jpg

nein166 said:
Sweet Jumpin' Jesus Lizards! :drool:
I've got one of those Seoul in my A1(see sigline) and its more of a defined spot inside a flood.
I really like the smooth look of your beam, no overwhelming spot. What reflector are you using? Can we see the business end?

Last edited:

700club

Newly Enlightened
Sure, machine the reflector out of an E1e head, machine down a Fenix P1 head so it fits inside the E1e head, then install the emitter of your choice. Do a search on Energie or my handle to see how its done. I did supply a link in my first post to get you started.

Cheers

e1ep1p4038du3.jpg

Kabible said:
OH MY HECK!!!!!!! I like it alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need more details!!!!
I want to do something like that to my E2e head. I'm currently using a McGizmo PR 917 head on a E2e body with a McE2s 2-speed switch at work.
Please tell me more.

Last edited:

Mikeg23

Enlightened
More so than the overall light output I am amazed by how closely the colors match. I would be interested in seeing how they compare outdoors as well.

700club said:
Surefire E2e

e1ep1p4new013ou2.jpg

E1e/P1/P4

e1ep1p4new016wn0.jpg

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
thats absolutely amazing!! I wish i had access to a lathe. I think i might just try it with my dremal. Ill let you all know how it turns out.
Dave

Ganp

Enlightened
Mikeg23 said:
More so than the overall light output I am amazed by how closely the colors match. I would be interested in seeing how they compare outdoors as well.

If I am not mistaken, I suspect the colours match in those beamshots because the camera white balance was set to "automatic".
This will make the camera try to reproduce any light source as white.

To give a more accurate comparison between lights, and how they compare to "white", the camera white balance should be set to "daylight".

Colin.

jlomein

Enlightened
Just curious 700club,

Do you have a KL4 head that you can compare this E1E/P1/P4 assembly to?

I debating paying someone to do this mod.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Nice. Very good job.
I wish I had access to a lathe too. They won't let us use the one at work, so I have to take a more expensive route. One fed by my like of the SF L1 anyway. I'm sending my old style small-headed L1 to get a Cree put in it (Cree has warmer tints available) and I can use that head on the E1 body. I even have a McE2S two-stage for it. That head is so nice on the E1 body.

700club

Newly Enlightened
Yes, as a matter a fact I ran that test the other day. To my eye the P4 had a brighter hot spot and spill. Not to mention much better run time.

Chreers

jlomein said:
Just curious 700club,

Do you have a KL4 head that you can compare this E1E/P1/P4 assembly to?

I debating paying someone to do this mod.