• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired D-mini 17670 & 17500 extender

kooter

Enlightened
Is there any call for an extension tube for the D-mini, to run this cell?? :grin2:

Last edited:

kooter

Enlightened
Re: D-mini 17670 extender

martonic said:
Sure there is interest in that!

As soon as i have my Mini from daberti, i will get one made up. With stainless crenalted bezel. :grin2:

kooter

Enlightened

So its ally you want, not stainless?? Knurled or plain?? I want ideas chaps.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was just assuming you were making them from aluminum. Stainless would look fine also on the bare lights. Not sure about the black ones though. Crenelated bezel in stainless sounds awesome! No knurl for me would look good.

How about a full 1x18650 body? Can you say LONG RUNTIME? Just wondering out loud.:)

kooter

Enlightened

Dizzy, im not sure it can run 18650. I already have a stainless crenalated bezel for the mini. :grin2:

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast

It runs fine on the RCR123 3.7volt cell, so it should be fine. Ricky has posted that 3.7 volts is fine for the D-Mini also, unless the 18650 does not "sag" as much as a RCR123.

Do you have any Pics of the bezel and how much for one?:)

kooter

Enlightened

Dizzy, look at the links at the bottom. Third one down i think.

member 6142

Newly Enlightened

dizzy said:
I was just assuming you were making them from aluminum. Stainless would look fine also on the bare lights. Not sure about the black ones though. Crenelated bezel in stainless sounds awesome! No knurl for me would look good.

How about a full 1x18650 body? Can you say LONG RUNTIME? Just wondering out loud.:)

Dizzy, I've tested 18650 and it simply does NOT fit into the head.
I've tested PILA 168S and Black wrapping Silver Label 17670 from AW. The latter has a slightly tight fit into the head (but silver label can be removed) but folks it is another story as far as performances are concerned.

Note for Kooter: please go to AW selling thread for dimension of the above mentioned cell.

Just a nuance though: I'm not a shill in favour of Kooter, but I'm a customer of Kooter (for my own torches) and I can witness his craftmanship skills and that he is a honourable man.
I'm a Lumapower reseller instead ;)

[Edit]: now we're a Team.[END OF EDIT]

Bottom line: DON'T put 2x123 (rechargeable or Primaries) into his extender. Just 1x17670.

Last edited:

member 6142

Newly Enlightened

kooter said:
Is there any call for an extension tube for the D-mini, to run this cell?? :grin2:

Kooter, maybe it would be a good idea to post a link to this thread on the one I sent you..... ;):whistle:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast

I asked Lumapower about creating a 17670 extender but they seem slightly hesitant, mostly because they are worried that someone would put two CR123 cells in the extender and ruin the light. I would LOVE a 17670 extender for this light! That would make it so much more useful!

kooter

Enlightened

Adiron, as soon as i have the D mini from Daberti, i will be on it. Shipping to and from Italy seems to take longer than shipping to the States for some reason. Hopefully ill have it at the tail end of next week. Within the day ill have something to show.

member 6142

Newly Enlightened

adirondackdestroyer said:
I asked Lumapower about creating a 17670 extender but they seem slightly hesitant, mostly because they are worried that someone would put two CR123 cells in the extender and ruin the light. I would LOVE a 17670 extender for this light! That would make it so much more useful!

Dan here. Ricky is definitely right. He has to think of the dummiest possible user and has to take the decision about whether to risk a mass RMA or to leave open for us flashacolics the chance.
Ricky nonetheless makes torces far more flexible than F***x did, @ comparable prices. Flexible thanks to better circuitry and modular design. Last but not least consistenttemperature colour of the leds.
It is true for M1, D-Mini, M3, and F1 (I'm waiting for Monday, BTW) that though not modular as previous ones, accepts a pretty wide voltage range. I recall the hard times trying to bring P1D-CE to work with 3.7 RCR123 mantaining the three output levels ;)
My point is that D-Mini is already very useful as a short emergency light. Even more useful, particularly with AW 3.7 High Current RCR123, as a self defense light: I punched 120 effective lumens at a thief last night, whilst still 30mt away, and it was enough to convince him to find a better job :D
I'm with you if you wish more runtime keeping the punch at same time.
Here it comes Kooter!

javafool

Enlightened

adirondackdestroyer said:

+1 for me too in black to match my flashlight. I have been asking also but same story as adirondackdestroyer. I really don't like the weight stainless would add to the light.

mkphc

Newly Enlightened

Does anybody have a guessestimate as to the longer runtime?

kooter

Enlightened

Dan might have a clue to the runtime.

I have no way of anodizing these tubes so bare ally or SS is all i can offer. Sorry.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you can make one in black, it might be the selling point for me to get a D-Mini

Count me in for one in aluminum and black, if there is a list forming.

AlexGT

member 6142

Newly Enlightened

mkphc said:
Does anybody have a guessestimate as to the longer runtime?

70minutes with AW High Current Protected 1600mAh 17670 if Kooter stays at his usual excellence levels.