"Who brings a flashlight to class anyways?"

TooDamFast

Newly Enlightened
I am taking a class at the local college and it is in a large auditorium that holds about 90 students. On Friday, we watched a short video, after which the professor walked over to a large control panel that contains about 20 buttons. Not only does this panel control the video projector, it also controls all the different lights for the room and stage. While bumbling around he managed to kill ALL the lights and the room went pitch black. After about 20 seconds, I hear him begin to grumble and I reached in to my pocket and pulled out my P1D CE. From 10 rows back (40 feet away) I fire up my Cree and lit up the entire wall allowing him to find the right switch and turn the lights back on. Seconds later I hear a girl sitting behind me say "who brings a flashlight to class anyways?" I just smiled and thought, "any flashoholic would."

Last edited:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like how the girl questioned it even though, in this instance, it was clearly useful and necessary. Did she end the sentance with, "like, oh my gawd" while obnoxiously chewing gum?

liquidsix

Enlightened
The P1D is a keychain light. That's like saying "Who brings their keys with them places anyway?"

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah the all say the same thing until they drop their cellular or keys at the local movie theater...then youre the hero.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha...

Yeah, I always get a kick of people who lose something in the dark and you see them using their cellphone Flash.

:laughing:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better to be prepared......
I don't have a lisence, and for that reason I bring my backpack filled with (gear & flashlights) everywhere I go. My friends ALWAYS talk sh*t. But 9 times outta 10 I have exactly what is needed when things arise. Funny how most people don't see the importance in having something so simple as a small light for when circumstances happen. Oh well.....I get to laugh at them when things go down and they're askin' "hey do you have ***?"

ILL-Luminated

Newly Enlightened
SHE
drool.gif
wasn't to bright to say such a thing.

Yeah I had to go there
yellowlaugh.gif

Don't sweat immature impulse coments like that, they're not worth your time.
A simple display of petty jealousy, because you had a quick solution for getting your teacher out of an awkward situation. Kudos to you!

:hahaha: Sounds like her parents are still taking care of her.:toilet:

sniper

Enlightened
TooDamFast said:
"who brings a flashlight to class anyways?" I just smiled and thought, "any flashoholic would."

He who wishes to be known as the brightest guy in class! :)

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty odd comment from her.

My experience are comments like this as long as the lights stay on.

Once the lights are off, most people understand :).

TooDamFast

Newly Enlightened
I had been waiting 2 months to whip out my new light in a time of need and finally that time arrived. :) It just reaffirms that EDCing a flashlight can be very helpful.

I love my p1d ce

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
TooDamFast said:
I had been waiting 2 months to whip out my new light in a time of need and finally that time arrived. :) It just reaffirms that EDCing a flashlight can be very helpful.

I love my p1d ce

I'm so jealous of you I'm itching all over.:candle:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
That why we "EDC". Neat story, thanks for sharing. Wonder how long it would have taken him to get the lights back on without your light.

Illum

Flashaholic
3 in my pant pockets [A2, G2, X5]
4 in the backpack [3D magled, packlite original, X1, stylus]
1 hanging on the backpack [lighthound Photon II]
1 in my breast pocket [stylus]
1 [paklite basic] in a sewn pocket in my right sock

any questions?

LuxLuthor said:
Next time just tell her it also vibrates. That will shut her up and let her understand on her level.
:huh2:...:ohgeez:

skalomax said:
Haha...

Yeah, I always get a kick of people who lose something in the dark and you see them using their cellphone Flash.

:laughing:

even more surprising in the darkness of lecture halls while the profs showing slides people take out zippos and light up to find stuff in their backpacks:ohgeez:

Last edited:

ginaz

Enlightened
it's things like this that made me really appreciate my HDS and it's levels. just enough light as needed be it little or lot.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always edc. my boss was cleaning the inside of a huge piece of equipment using only the help of a crappy plastic 2D incan. I whipped out my seoul modded FFIII and pointed it into the machine. my boss looked into the machine and promtly threw the D cell to the ground. as he continued working i pointed the FFIII into the corners. he said "Isn't it about time you set me up with a light?" :)

keep it up toodamfast!

Illum

Flashaholic
ginaz said:
it's things like this that made me really appreciate my HDS and it's levels. just enough light as needed be it little or lot.

its times like this where multi-level lights really hits home compared to carrying many lights:ohgeez: [like me]

Pumaman said:
Isn't it about time you set me up with a light?" :)

sounds like someones getting a promotion! :grin2::naughty::huh:

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope I can make a Modded M3 if it works out it should give me close to 600 lumens or seemlessly down to 20 lumens, all in one package.