Surefire 8x (the old one) first impression

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks clean
fairly bright, but battery is not all charged up either...
simplistic design.
HEAVY duty head!
Lexan lens burns lip at 45 sec
frown.gif
(Don't ask why i am kissing my light)
smile.gif

Overall a good light.

Note to self: pray for pyrex and HOLA!

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don:

I voted by sending the following to Stuart:

"Hello, Stuart:

I am a happy with my 8X and my E2.
I could be a lot happier with my 8X with an x81 and a B90X battery pack with 3000 mAh Nimh's.

You are quoted on CPF as posting:

"Gentlemen,
There is no talk around the factory of ever making a X81. Just thought I would let you know.
Thanks,
[email protected]"

I hope this doesn't mean that you won't entertain a change.

Many of us yearn for B90X replacement packs using 3000mAh 20 Amp rated Nimh's sub C cells.

We also yearn for the X81.

I don't seek the functionality of the 9 series lights, but I'd love to have the combination mentioned above to keep me from buying and ultrastinger.

At the moment, my 8X rides next to my Energizer Double Barrelled 8 AA serial / parallel light running an Underwater Kinetics 18 Watt Bulb.

The 8X is much more convenient, and it would be nice not to have to put it down when I want more than 200 lumens.

I am also arranging to graft a P91 into an Energizer DB 6AA rewired for straight serial which gets me closer in size to the 8X than the DB 8AA.

Remember, your customer base, depending upon generation, is largely made of people who grew up on tinker toys, erector sets, construx, or leggos.

We are unhappy when we don't have modularity to play with."

You folks might want to jump on the bandwagon.

DonL

Enlightened
I've got the 8AX, and I love it. Great light, nice size, great beam and brightness, already equipped with pyrex, and I'm not feeding it 123s on a regular basis.

Regarding the HOLA:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Gentlemen,
There is no talk around the factory of ever making a X81. Just thought I would let you know.

Thanks,

[email protected]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Major bummer.
frown.gif
Maybe if enough of us deluge them with calls?