My First Homemade Led Light!

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to try to use some parts from my work to make an Led light. I recycle Laser Printer Cartridges at work- so I took a Laser Cartridge Drum and added a Radio Shack switch, an aluminum heat sink ( from the Laser Drum ), a 1 watt Led and a reflector from BestHongKong.com- I managed to hold everything together - used some hot melt glue- and 3 c cell regular batteries. It works!
MyLight004.jpg

MyLight003.jpg

Last edited:

erckgillis

Newly Enlightened
OK,

Best creative use of our LaserJet Printers. Know you know why Ink and Toner are so expensive!

The 2nd. best I saw was a chain welded to a large office printer that was flooded in Fredrick '79 and it was used as a Boat Anchor!

I guess you get 3-4 color drums to choose from in a color model?

LMAO...

Ed
HP
:lolsign:

ewsforos

Newly Enlightened
For MacGyver 1.0.1 lessons, PM "Lighthouse One"

Damn I'm good! It even rhymes! :p :goodjob:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turtle.... The light is almost the same as my Huntlight Ft 01 in brightness- and just a bit larger spill. No run times: just a fun project. with the 3 c's i hope it last a bit- since I pretty much glued everything together!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Thanks Lighthouse one. I was really just making a weak joke about beamshots and runtime. I definitely appreciate your use of bits and pieces, being someone who keeps everything for possible future use.

Geoff

Noxonomus

Newly Enlightened
I really like the look of that green, it has a great shine to it. Excellent work, I am glad you could put it to good use.