Burried treasure

Flow

Newly Enlightened
August of 2005 I was in kentucky, working on houses (not the one I bought), and one night I was painting the side of a house with one of those sprayers, and I'd use my E2e to see how it was going (beautifully). Well, the next day I realized I had no idea where my E2e got to. I searched for it for *days*. Never found it.

A few months later (february I think) when I was back in kentucky, I found it laying on the ground. Just sitting there, in the back yard. I was perplexed, until I noticed the hole next to it. I picket it up and saw the light teeth marks on the rubber switch. I realized what had happened. The ******* dog found it and BURRIED it in August, and then dug it up again when we came back in February. 6 months in a hole in the ground. The people we had rented the place to had no idea it had ever been there (that's what I was worried most about, someone else finding it when I wasn't there...).

So, I wiped some of the dirt off it, looked at it, and pushed the switch. I was expecting at best a faint glow, at worst nothing. I... was wrong. And half blind for a good few minutes.

No water damage, no anything, other than a few marks on the rubber which was otherwise perfectly intact it was good as new. Even the batteries were holding pretty strong.

SF <3

Edit: A slight modification in wording was made, to insure family friendliness. Flow, feel free to re-edit, including this comment and use your own terminology. Just keep the language within the limits of a family-friendly board. - Empath

Last edited by a moderator:

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good story!

And I'm pleasantly surprised that CPF does not use filtering software!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send that story to Surefire and you might get a prize. They do that all the time.

But you might want to edit the language a bit. Good boards like CPF rely on the users to keep things PG13. Don't want them to hit the ******* filters again. :D

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
LowBat said:
Reminds me of the 70's Timex commercial where the dog ate a watch.
reminds me of when i had spotted something embedded in the asphalt.
passed by it for 2 weeks every day.
one day i stopped the bike and checked it out.
it was a new at the time timex lcd watch with tritium backlight.
no band.someone dropped it and it got ran over enough times to sink it into the pavement.
dug it out with a pocketknife.i still have it and it still runs.tritium backlight is out but they have a very short halflife anyway.

Illum

Flashaholic
the fact that an E2e looks like a bone to your dog tells me you should stash your lights to higher ground :lolsign:

great story, send it to Surefire...its for the books.:goodjob:

watt4

Enlightened
you didn't bury it with the dog? :)

look at the old-timers who posted in this thread.

(yeah, I know it's because the thread is old)

Last edited: