Odd use for Mini-Mag candle mode

jrmcferren

Enlightened
The other night, a friend left his computer in my room on a cart so I could finish installing software. He was moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. Well I didn't want to ram into the cart on the way to the bathroom at night, so I took my NiMhs out of my Mini-Mag, put a set of alkies in and set it in candle mode. I put the light in a position so I would not be able to see the bare bulb from my sleeping position. I got up at quarter of three to use the can and the mini-mag was still lit. When I got up at six the batteries were dead, but the mini-mag did the job well. Shows you that a mini-mag can be used as a beacon.:twothumbs

paulr

Flashaholic
I don't understand the use of alkies for this, is the idea just to burn batteries?

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
GeorgePaul said:
Why not XP?
2000 products don't require registration, you can use a single copy on an entire network. It is probably the safest felony in the nation.
That's why they still bring a premium price.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
paulr said:
I don't understand the use of alkies for this, is the idea just to burn batteries?

I assumed, based on his story, he didn't want to run the NiMH cells down too low, thus ruining the more expensive rechargeables. I've done the exact same thing. Anytime I'm unsure how long a light will be left on relatively unattended, I use primaries or protected LiIons.

jrmcferren

Enlightened
cratz2 said:
I assumed, based on his story, he didn't want to run the NiMH cells down too low, thus ruining the more expensive rechargeables. I've done the exact same thing. Anytime I'm unsure how long a light will be left on relatively unattended, I use primaries or protected LiIons.

You hit the nail on the head. I would rather wipe out a set of alkies than burn up a set of nimhs.