L0-Ti with Cree Possible/Desirable?

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
I own a Fenix E1, into which I soldered a Cree XR-E LED. I love the mod.

I also own a Fenix L0-Ti. Unlike the E1, the L0-Ti has (5) different functions. Medium, High, Low, Strobe, SOS.

Can anyone tell me what would happen to those functions if I solder a Cree into the light? Has anyone done this? I tried searching, but could not find that it had been done.

Thank-you for any and all insight.

Frank

nuggett

Enlightened
I transplanted a Seuol into mine. Works fine running in aaa li ion batt.

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
Wow, Guys, thanks for the replys.

Do I understand correctly that you are both using Li Ion batteries?

If so, will it matter that I prefer to use CR-123's? Will the OEM L0-Ti circuitry still work as designed?

Thank-you very much for your help.

By the way, my Cree-modded E1 also puts out WAY more light than the original LED, but with no more throw. The flood of light is remarkable, though.

Again, thanks...............Frank

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just finished swapping the emitter on my LOD an hour ago from stock Lux to SSC P4 USWOJ ,such a PITA to solder becoz the pill is so narrow & little space and i had to cut the emitter legs and to get the emitter center in the reflector is another story and to desolder the stock Lux emitter is another one which i baked that yellow thing in the emitter i thot i gonna use that emiter as a dome light in my car:rant: becoz i try to desolder the iron which is stuck under one of the emitter leg.Lesson learnt,half way through my SSC P4 won't lit up and i thot oh no there goes my SSC P4 :ohgeez:,try again solder,desolder and solder again until the LED is centered and finally it lit up,pheww that was close!:sweat: Anyway the output is double ( sorry no photo yet) and the best thing is the multifunction is working as before.So nevermind the LOD CE i've got the LOD SE SSC P4 yummy:naughty:

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that's quite a story nanotech17. Sounds liike you have a very nice flashlight now, though.

Thanks for sharing.............Frank

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Seoul P4 requires much less work than the Cree, and the reward is a very smooth beam.

IMG_0840.jpg

Frank_Zuccarini

Newly Enlightened
Thanks EngrPaul. By any chance, did you earlier post a how-to for this mod?

I love my L0-Ti, but I feel obliged to bring it up to current LED standards.

Thanks for your help...................Frank